Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

error when logging out

• ste1988

@ste1988

Hi, im getting this error on bbpress installation when trying to log out.

Can anyone help a n00b please :()

bbPress database error: [Table 'theforum_bbpress.bb_online' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM bb_online WHERE user_id = 1 LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theforum/public_html/bb-includes/db-mysql.php:130) in /home/theforum/public_html/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 232

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Check your bb-config.php file for blank lines outside of

<?php

[foo]
    ?>

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like you’re using the bb-online plugin. Does this still happen if you disable that plugin? My guess is the plugin hard coded the bb_ table prefix when it should be using $bbdb.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Actually, if it’s this plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/simple-onlinelist/

There are lots of people with the same issue, or there were lots of people a year ago. Looks like it always tries to use bb_ as the table prefix instead of $bbdb (i.e. $bbdb->online). Take a look at some of the replies.

andy-b

@andy-b

I had the exact same error, but on disabling the Simple Onlinelist plugin it went the way of the dodo!!

My host’s tech support told me I needed to contact my website designer…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It seems it should be pretty easy to modify the plugin. Just change the references to the table bb_online to the proper $bbdb->online and I think it should be fine. Or, for yourself, you could just hard-code the table prefix for your installation, but I would say that’s bad form and not portable.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar