Categories
Search
Bottom

Error message when any user posts

• james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Hello,

When any user posts in any forum the following error messages appear, however the message DOES actually post. Anyone know what is causing this problem? and how to fix it. I am not a programmer so the code does not mean much to me

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘BBP_Admin_Replies’ does not have a method ‘update_reply’ in /home/clashing/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 524

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/clashing/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php:524) in /home/clashing/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1174

WordPress 4.6.1
    bbpress Version 2.5.10
    Beaver Builder Child ThemeVersion: 1.0
    http://clashingbeavers.com/beaver-forums/ (although the forums are hidden when not logged in)

Thanks for you help

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

ahha! Yep, that is what was causing the problem. I tried de-activating it and the error stopped. Is this plugin not compatible then? It’s a shame as it makes the UI look a lot nicer on my site. In fact with the default settings it is not really usable due to white text on white background.

Any other plugin to change the ui you could recommend? Thanks for your help, rookie error on my part not trying to disable this before posting.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Actually, i will just use change the css using this very informative article:

bbPress Styling Crib

I was being lazy not to have done this originally!
    cheers!

Robin W

@robin-w

I wasn’t aware that it was causing issues, but it came up when I googled your symptoms !

Glad you like the styling crib – I wrote most of it !

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Hi Robin,

I have been trying to persevere with this but i am having problems styling this still. I used the parts from the codex to style the background as below, and that is working nicely.

/*1 Forum Header and Footer*/
    /*2 Reply header*/
    /*3. Template notice info*/
    (also manually changed the background color of the reply form)

Everything past that up to 8 does not take effect. I would like to just have all of the text in the forum as black as it is currently white on white. My theme settings for text are set to black so i am not sure why it does not inherit this.

I have tried manually changing each element on there but nothing takes effect (tried prefixing them all with #bbpress-forums like your snippets too). IF you could spare a moment could you take a look at the page (I’ve changed it to show when not logged in) and advise me on what i am doing wrong. Below are all of the areas of text i need as black which i am just appending with { color:#000000;}

A) On the list of all forums page:

bbp-forum-info
    bbp-forum-topic-count
    bbp-forum-reply-count
    bbp-forum-freshness

B) on any topic page with create a new topic option:

bbp-forum-description
    bbp-topic-permalink
    bbp-author-name
    bbp-topic-freshness

(The following bit of text are just showing as “label” in chrome inspect so not sure how to target them)
    Topic Title (Maximum Length: 80):
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    Attachments:
    No file chosen

C) within a topic with reply option

bbp-reply-content
    bbp-topic-description

(The following bit of text are just showing as “label” in chrome inspect so not sure how to target them)
    Topic Title (Maximum Length: 80):
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    Attachments:
    No file chosen

2)

I have noticed a seperate issue:

http://clashingbeavers.com/beaver-forums/
    If i enter any forum and then navigate back by clicking on the Home > Forums link within bbpress UI it will take me to a diffrerent url

http://clashingbeavers.com/forums/

and this one looks different. How to stop it taking users to this other url?

Sorry this went on a bit and your advice is much appreciated!
    Many thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

I didn’t realise you were trying to do so much

suggest you download my plugin

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbp-style-pack

and then come back if you still have stuff needed.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Hi robin,

2 areas that will not style with the plugin:

Topic replying styling tab
    6. Topic/Reply Text Font
    (the actual text in all the content areas – what users have written)

I have set this to black but it stays as white. it is inheriting this p from my theme, but i need it white elsewhere. Anyway to target this only within bbpress?

Also, when replying to a topic, there is no where to style the label above the form, the bit that says “Reply To: (topic name)” I need this to be white. Do you know the css for this bit?

I think after these 2 things it is looking pretty good for me.
    Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think the first is your theme, but try adding this to the custom css

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-content, #bbpress-forums p.bbp-reply-content {
        color: #1e73be !important;
    }

and also add this for the Reply to :

.entry-content fieldset legend {
        color: #fff !important;
        }

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Thanks for the reply Robin. Unfortunately these snippets are not changing anything though.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Ahhh man. i just tried to deactivate the bbpress and the bbpress UI plugins to test something and it killed my site.

http://www.clashingbeavers.com just throws up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_dynamic_roles() in /home/clashing/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbp-style-pack/css/styles.php on line 3086

I cant even get to the wordpress dashboard.

Please help!!

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

managed to get into the backend and disabled the plugin for now so at least the site is working

Robin W

@robin-w

Ow!! Sorry – believe it or not, that is the first time anyone has tried that !!

I’ve coded a fix for the next release that will stop that happening in future.

Can you tell me where you are adding those snippets? I’m more dubious on the first, but the second should work.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

No worries. I appreciate your help with this Robin.

I am using the beaver builder page builder and their beaver child theme. I am entering it into the Appearance > customizer area. There is an area for code snippets in there. I usually put CSS in their global CSS area but have been advised from beaver builder that CSS that needs to affect dynamically generated pages (ie, not pagesi have created in the wordpress UI) need to be put in here.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok try putting it into

dashboard>settings>bbp style Pack>custom css

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Hi Robin,

I re-enabled bbpress and the style pack and it seems stable now.

Your 2 code snippets are saved but not taking effect:

.entry-content fieldset legend {
    color: #fff !important;
    }

#bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-content, #bbpress-forums p.bbp-reply-content {
    color: #1e73be !important;
    }

A snipet i made myself to style the background of the reply form is taking effect so this customer code area for css in the beaver theme seems to work for bbpress:

.bbp-form{
    background-color:rgba(250, 236, 113, 0.90);
    }

Here is a screenshot of what i still need to style. If you could take a look when you get the chance that would be great. http://imgur.com/a/tKRoc

Many thanks

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

The above reply was made before i saw your latest update. i will try that now.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

I just put your code snipets in and saved it but unfortunately it is not taking effect still.

View post on imgur.com

I cleared cache and tried a difference browser too but not showing up

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think you are now beyond the general help I can give.

james8181
    Participant

@james8181

Ok, thought i was pushing my luck a bit with the free support you’ve been giving 🙂
    In the end i just changed the background to grey. It doesn’t look too pretty but it is workable.
    Thanks for your help.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, hopefully I was some help !

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar