Categories
Search
Bottom

Error in permalink

• David13_13
    Participant

@david13_13

Hello

I’m having problems with the count of #permalink of each reply in my forum. It has started around number 5000 to count and I cant reset it with the tools. I have checked all the options for repair and nothing changes…

And the count is not consecutive:

Some help please

Thanks in advance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• David13_13
    Participant

@david13_13

Nobody?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress uses custom post types, so forum posts will take the next number available in wp-posts list, along with posts, pages and other custom post types.

I’d suggest that if you’ve seen a big jump, then you spam filter is probably working hard, and that the missing numbers are spam comments in wordpress.

David13_13
    Participant

@david13_13

I just checked it. I don’t have any spam comments, I have only 66 pages in my WordPress.

Seems like the error is other… No way to solve it manually or some?

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

you should be able to see what has taken those post numbers if you go into phpmyadmin – you host provider should let you know how to do this.

Then look in wp_posts and click the ID column to get them into number order. You can then see what has taken those numbers.

David13_13
    Participant

@david13_13

I have several jumps in the IDs… Do you know why?

Thanks a lot

At least, for each topic the number for the first message should be #1 no?

Robin W

@robin-w

no can’t tell you why you have jumps – again I suspect spam filter taking out commenst – do you run askimet?

At least, for each topic the number for the first message should be #1 no?

no, bbpress is using wordpress post numbers. Everytime a post, page, comment, forum, topic or reply (and any other custom posts) are created or media item (eg picture) is uploaded, a wordpress post number is allocated.

Hence you could easily get large gaps in the numbers.

David13_13
    Participant

@david13_13

I don’t have akismet enabled. But I checked the comments tab and I don’t found spam comments… It’s very, very stange

Robin W

@robin-w

Well there’s not a lot you can do about it.

Robkk

@robkk

@david13_13

yeah this could happen on an active site especially if a popular topic is posted after post #1001

then someone bumped the topic to #4938

you can check and see if a popular topic was posted between these posts by checking some topics post time.

you can show consecutive numbers though starting from #1 on each topic using bbp_reply_position()to replace the reply id in loop-single-reply.php

but if a spam post comes in it wont be consecutive anymore it will skip a few

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar