Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Entries coming up with no content

• hi there,

i’ve got a Wp2.7 blog (that i’ve unsuccessfully attempted to integrate with BBpress – not a problem right now, i can wait for this to come) working with a BBpress Alpha 4 forum install.

As I thought, everything was working fine, however, i’ve noticed now that the content isn’t being displayed! The titles are coming up, the topic pages are coming up, but they have no contents.

Any help with this would be very helpful.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • It may be your theme. Try using the default theme.

Negative – changing the theme to the default theme doesn’t fix it :(

URL?

It looks like the ‘loop’ for your posts is missing.

In your source, you mention http://www.theacerguy.com/forum/bb-templates/theAcerGuyForum/forumStyle.css which doesn’t exist, and really should be in my-templates

It’s really like your topic.php is missing all the stuff from <?php do_action('under_title'); ?> down to the if open then reply_ok.

Do you have deep integration going on? You seem to be pulling WP header stuff down.

Thats what I dont get, I have the loop in there.

Yes, i attempted the deep integration but it doesn’t seem to have worked, i’ve given up.

This is what the topic.php template looks like, fron that topic_tags() downward.

<!-- <?php topic_tags(); ?> -->

<div style="clear:both;"></div>
    </div>
    <?php do_action('under_title'); ?>
    <?php if ($posts) : ?>
    <div class="nav">
    <?php topic_pages(); ?>
    </div>
    <div id="ajax-response"></div>
    <ol id="thread" class="list:post">

<?php foreach ($posts as $bb_post) : $del_class = post_del_class(); ?>
    <li id="post-<?php post_id(); ?>"<?php alt_class('post', $del_class); ?>>
    <?php bb_post_template(); ?>
    </li>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

</ol>
    <div class="clearit"><br style=" clear: both;" /></div>
    <p class="rss-link"><a href="<?php topic_rss_link(); ?>" class="rss-link"><?php _e('<abbr title="Really Simple Syndication">RSS</abbr> feed for this topic') ?></a>

<div class="nav">
    <?php topic_pages(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( topic_is_open( $bb_post->topic_id ) ) : ?>
    <?php post_form(); ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <h2><?php _e('Topic Closed') ?></h2>
    <?php _e('This topic has been closed to new replies.') ?>

<?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( bb_current_user_can( 'delete_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'close_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'stick_topic', get_topic_id() ) || bb_current_user_can( 'move_topic', get_topic_id() ) ) : ?>

<div class="admin">
    <?php bb_topic_admin(); ?>
    </div>

<?php endif; ?>
    <?php bb_get_footer(); ?>

How did you try to integrate them? I ask because if you have wp_head calls in your bbpress files, it may be causing this sort of wackiness.

I dont think i have anything major integrated into the site, its not calling wordpress tags thats for sure, all those links pointing to the wordpress template files are hard coded.

Can you think of anything specific i should look at? anything else that will help?

Something is telling it that there are no posts (thus <?php if ($posts) : ?> never calls the rest of it). But at this point you’ve tapped out my poor brain :(

Do you have any plugins that might be getting in the way of things?

The only plugins that are running are:

Akismet 1.0

BBXF Export 0.1 alpha

and I’ve tried deactivating them both…

in the WordPress install the only plugins that I have related to the BBpress install are:

BBPress Integration 1.0-alpha-4.1

BBpress Latest Discussions 0.9

I don’t think the WordPress ones would have any effect on it?

I believe that it was something funky with the database…

I decided to start fresh and reinstall BBpress, and it seems to be working.

Wild. It sounds like something got corrupted or not uploaded. Glad it’s working now! I love your site design :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar