Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Entire forum 404's – tried everything!!!

• Zoee
    Participant

@epixmedia

Hi all, I have a members only forum on a clients site that is protected by s2Member so only level #1 members can access all /forms/forum pages. The client reported yesterday that their forum wasn’t working – all pages got to our custom 404 page.

They upgraded there website to 3.8 last week – usually we run there updates, I don’t think they checked the forum after running the update so I don’t know if the update caused the issue or not. Likewise they didn’t take a full site backup as instructed when doing updates.

When I switch off permalinks the pages work (though the forum overview /forums/ doesn’t). I’ve tried:
    – resaving the permalinks (switching off, back on etc in various different combos)
    – deleting the .htaccess and resaving permalinks
    – uploading an old .htaccess
    – reinstalling wordpress 3.8
    – deactivating all other plugins
    – switching to a default theme

I really don’t want to have to move them to a fresh install, the site is massive. Likewise I don’t think reverting to an older version of WordPress is really a solution.

Any more suggestions of what to try would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Zoee
    Participant

@epixmedia

Can anyone help with this pretty please? My client has now said the forum was working after the upgrade so I have no idea what is causing this!

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

A couple of things that made my forums 404 in the past:

– Pages in the trash which have conflicted with forum permalinks
    – Needing to resave the permalinks

If you enable permalinks does the site itself behave normal? Or does the pages start to 404 too.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar