Entire forum 404's – tried everything!!!
Hi all, I have a members only forum on a clients site that is protected by s2Member so only level #1 members can access all /forms/forum pages. The client reported yesterday that their forum wasn’t working – all pages got to our custom 404 page.
They upgraded there website to 3.8 last week – usually we run there updates, I don’t think they checked the forum after running the update so I don’t know if the update caused the issue or not. Likewise they didn’t take a full site backup as instructed when doing updates.
When I switch off permalinks the pages work (though the forum overview /forums/ doesn’t). I’ve tried:
– resaving the permalinks (switching off, back on etc in various different combos)
– deleting the .htaccess and resaving permalinks
– uploading an old .htaccess
– reinstalling wordpress 3.8
– deactivating all other plugins
– switching to a default theme
I really don’t want to have to move them to a fresh install, the site is massive. Likewise I don’t think reverting to an older version of WordPress is really a solution.
Any more suggestions of what to try would be appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.