embed loop-tpoics into to bottom of topic view screen
I just transferred the whole site, which is housed under a non-bbpress-like CMS package, into bbpress by the built-in tool.
Every thing looks fine.
But I have yet to put them in production because of one reason:
Let’s think about the following:
- a visitor landed my home.
- he/she went to a forum.
- the forum shows topic index and a paginator on top or bottom of topic index box, based
- on the max of lines configured.
- the visitor travelled back and forth in site the forum by clicking the paginator. for ex, if the forum has 100 topics and max line is configured as 15, then paginator links would be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.
- supposed that the visitor clicked 3-pgnator before clicked 5th topic.
- that is, the visitor is reading the 35th topic and replies if any.
- at this time the vistor changes mind to go to 2nd page.
so the visitor go back to the previous topic index before clicking 2-pgnator link.
Now the visitor grumbles. the topic view page(the one described at 6.) shoud have got the topic index and paginator below the topic view. So we dont need to do extra clicks.
This scenario is totally from the customers’ view point. Unfortunately, there are some tools in the world prviding such features, and they asked the site builder to implement that feature.
Because old system has it and the bbpress out of box does not, i do not think the request is wrong.
I have tried to find a solution, but not. for ex, i put
echo do_shortcode(‘[bbp-single-forum id=$f_id]‘);
at the bottom of conent-single-topic.php
Then looked great, but problem is:
In case that said above 6., the 3th topic index should be shown but shows 1st page, which is not getting sync’ed with the current topic’s position.
so i have to look into source code.
As far as I learned from it, bbp-single-forum short code is the very candidate, I guessed. But no clue to me.
display_forum function is out of control by myself, I guess.
Hopefully, some help or idea is in need. Or, let me know what I missed or overthought.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.