Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

email needed to post

• melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

Hi my forum appears in a part of the site that has a generic login. So what i need is that users have to type in email and name in order to post – is this possible? is there a shortcode for this or do i have to add something to the bbpress.php?
    thank you in advance
    Melanie

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

enable anonymous posting in settings>forums

melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

Hi Robkk
    I have it enabled. My problem is you have to be logged in to enter that part of the site, so bbpress must assume that the user has logged in so no email field is visible, so somehow something has to be overridden maybe in the functions.php to show the email field even though the user is logged in as users to have to enter their name and email to post
    thank you
    Melanie

Robkk

@robkk

@melanie-bund

well you dont have to login for anonymous posting, it should allow the user to type their email and username and post off of that.

do you have a plugin like private groups or some other restricted area plugin??

melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

HI
    I have my own simple login – not a plugin just a script, the site is for a seal charity and there is an area for the wardens to communicate which is the forum, so they have to login to access that area, but its a generic login, 1 user and pass for all so i need in the forum the form for name and email to keep track of who is posting. I assume the login overrides the anonymous posting so is there a way to add the form despite… in the bbpress functions file add an over-ride?
    thank you
    Melanie

Robkk

@robkk

you just want to keep track of who is posting

why not just try this https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpressmoderation/

then moderate everything in the back-end of WordPress

unless your trying to gain the email and name for email marketing??

melanie bund
    Participant

@melanie-bund

Hi
    I dont want to keep track of who is posting or advertise, i would just like that people who post add email and name so those answering know who is posting and can email them, etc… the only thing i can do is add an extra login for the forum but i dont want to do that. I want to override the login – even though logged in if they want to post they have to add email and name
    thank you
    Melanie

Robkk

@robkk

@melanie-bund

this is kind of complicated to me , im going to say this is custom development.

try to figure it out yourself or hire another developer at http://jobs.wordpress.net/.

or wait and see if someone else picks up this topic.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar