Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Edit the bbPress login widget

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

@supremor

everyone is trying to help you out so any code, suggestions is for you and your issue.

to help with the button because it looks to close to the input box try this css code

.bbp-login-form .bbp-submit-wrapper {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

supremor
    Participant

@supremor

I added the code to the style.css of the child theme and it didn’t work, the registration button is still too close to the email input box. And on FireFox the email text is to the left of the email input box instead of on top.

supremor
    Participant

@supremor

Sure thing. On Chrome, I need there to be space between the email input box and the registration box. On Firefox I want the email text to be on top of the email input box, not on the left. And also for there to be space between the email input box and registration box. All this on the registration page not log in.

Robkk

@robkk

@supremor

sorry i almost forgot about this topic

i dont know why it would have issues with firefox/ie its some basic CSS that should work on all platforms.

maybe your theme doesnt have normalizer CSS?? thats all i can think of.

Jake Hall
    Participant

@geekserve

yes there is its called form-user-login.php

using the bbp-login shortcode works as one would expect, editing the user-login form works also, as one would expect. However:

When the user is logged in, it constantly displays a “you are already logged in message”. The reason I want to edit the bbp login widget is because that handles whether or not the user is logged in flawlessly, it just looks plain awful.

So, if I can easily edit the form that is included within the widget, that would be much better

Robkk

@robkk

@geekserve

what looks awful?? the you are already logged in status?? or how the login widget displays the avatar and profile links if you are logged on.

But to really customize how you want the bbPress login widget to be , the easiest thing to do is create a new widget and base most of the code off of the original bbpress login widget.

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar