Categories
Search
Bottom

Edit allowed only for 1st post

• akyboy
    Participant

@akyboy

Hi guys,

I just noticed that non of the members nor me as admin, can edit Forum posts.
    Only post i can edit is 1st of every topic.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

• akyboy
    Participant

@akyboy

It is definitely theme related,.. switched to Twenty Thirteen and i get all options including Edit.

I wonder what went wrong?

akyboy
    Participant

@akyboy

well looks like i solved it,..

created bbpress.php in theme dir , and inserted all from page.php from default theme.
    all looks fine so far.

stmux
    Participant

@stmux

I have been dealing with the same problem. No user, not even keymaster, can edit their own posts. I tried what you suggested, but still not working. What version of WordPress and bbPress are you using?
    Thanks,
    mux

meshk2015
    Participant

@meshk2015

??????

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I still get dumped on this page and all I want to do is change my avatar…

Robkk

@robkk

@folgerj

this site uses gravatar, so go to gravatar.com and use the same email you used for this site/wordpress.org, and change it there.

For anybody that wants to view their profile and have been redirected to this topic. There is a bug right now that is being looked over. To edit your profile go to this exact url, with username being your exact username.

https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/username/

To go to certain profile links add these additional slugs for each. So for example go to https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/username/subscriptions to view your subscriptions.

Topics Started > topics/
    Replies Created > replies/
    Favorites > favorites/
    Subscriptions > subscriptions/
    Edit Profile > edit/ (You can look at any information but not save)

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I made changes and changed my email to what should be over at Gravatar and hit submit and get a 404 error and end up seeing the BBpress book for sale.
    I don’t know if it took it or not…. It may not be allowing changes as far as I can tell

fitness-wellness
    Participant

@fitness-wellness

seems to work for me

CarrieHarris1234
    Participant

@carrieharris1234

work for me

Uncle Jimmy
    Participant

@uncle-jimmy

There is a bug right now that is being looked over.

This is what I’m get’n..

https://bbpress.org/https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/uncle-jimmy/edit/

lol!..Clear to see what’s wrong with that picture..

..Curious to know what the bug is/was..could happen to any of our sites too I suppose.

I’ve seen this kind of thing before on Mintees.com Profiles, click a User website link and get this same sort of thing, inconsistant though, I think it’s user error in that case.

This is something different.

longchelsea
    Participant

@longchelsea

?? I do not know but it seems I can not access the profile

candicexiang
    Participant

@candicexiang

how to work?

Robkk

@robkk

I made changes and changed my email to what should be over at Gravatar and hit submit and get a 404 error and end up seeing the BBpress book for sale.
    I don’t know if it took it or not…. It may not be allowing changes as far as I can tell

@folgerj

It probably didn’t work, and you can could always add additional email addresses to Gravatar. So if you want a specific Gravatar for wordpress/bbpress.org add the email you used on those sites. You can always remove it then change the email on the sites later.

..Curious to know what the bug is/was..could happen to any of our sites too I suppose.

@uncle-jimmy

I think I made an educated guess last week to what commit caused the issue, and Stephen pinpointed the issue. Also the reason the issue is on this site is because this site is running the latest alpha, so this site see any issues first before releasing the next update.

@longchelsea
    @candicexiang

do what I said here

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/edit-allowed-only-for-1st-post/#post-164195

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Thanks @Robkk but it doesn’t see to matter what change I want to make. I enter with the url you specified: https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/folgerj/edit

And one time I add just my first name and another time I change my website and hit submit and I get the 404 error page which has a copy of the BBpress book to purchase. 🙂

Not a good place for the book to be because if I or someone is getting a 404 error page then we’re not happy and you are linking that to purchasing the book… Just my 2 cents.

I defintely won’t upgrade until the new version is well tested… I may upgrade WP as soon as it comes out but I won’t upgrade BBpress or buddy press (what is the difference) until I see the forums say its all clear…

Thanks for the assist and I’ll check back from time to time. This isn’t that important except for my need to update my website from a long defunct domain (I own it but it just forwards now). Other than that I have used this login here since 2011 when I first played with BBpress and got rid of it after 6 months or so…

Robkk

@robkk

Thanks @Robkk but it doesn’t see to matter what change I want to make.

Yeah I just tested it and it doesn’t work when saving, I guess do not edit your profile right now.

Not a good place for the book to be because if I or someone is getting a 404 error page then we’re not happy and you are linking that to purchasing the book… Just my 2 cents.

Well maybe Rhys Wynne is getting some good out of this haha, the 404s of course are not intentional.

I defintely won’t upgrade until the new version is well tested

It usually is well tested before official release, I wouldn’t consider running anything alpha though.

BBpress or buddy press (what is the difference)

Ones has some features that are in Twitter or Facebook, the other is just forums. Both usually work great together.

Other than that I have used this login here since 2011 when I first played with BBpress and got rid of it after 6 months or so…

I think that was way back in the beta version of bbPress v2. a lot has changed since then.

AjitKhodke
    Participant

@ajitkhodke

I want to edit my profile

dennisd740
    Participant

@dennisd740

lawnmowerexperts
    Participant

@lawnmowerexperts

Hi, I want to edit my profile

Rapid Traffic Guide
    Participant

@rapid-traffic-guide

teokt
    Participant

@teokt

Hi, I want to edit my profile too

nguyenvu51515
    Participant

@nguyenvu51515

Hi, I want to edit my profile too

nguyenvu51515
    Participant

@nguyenvu51515

er.mohitfarswan
    Participant

@ermohitfarswan

Even I want to edit my profile

walklikeabutterfly
    Participant

@walklikeabutterfly

Amit Kumar
    Participant

@mytechnode

How to edit my profile ???

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit allowed only for 1st post’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar