Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Duplicated topics after import and removing old version

• TrishaM
    Participant

@trisham

Greetings – I originally posted my plea for help in the troubleshooting sub-forum but not getting any replies there…..I really need help with two cleanup items after updating from 1.0.2 to 2.2.4 (I did not use the bbConverter, I just followed the instructions to use the Tools>Forums>Import Forum)….

BUT I am left with twice as many topics as I should have…..each one is duplicated, one is correct with the right parent forum, and the extra item has (No Forum) showing as the parent Forum. I had encountered an error on the first import, but I checked the box that says “Purge all information from a previously attempted import” on the second attempt…..looks like it did not purge……

SO I am comfortable with using phpMyAdmin to fix things, but I don’t know how to write a SQL query to delete the duplicates (there are thousands of them or I’d just do it manually)… I could use help with that.

SECONDLY, is it now safe to drop the old tables that previously held all the topics/posts/replies/users, etc? The ones that start with bb_ ? I really want to keep my database cleaned up……AND can I *delete* the subfolder (/Forum) installed with the old version – the one that held the bb_config.php and all those old files, templates, etc?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicated topics after import and removing old version’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar