Categories
Search
Bottom

Don’t have a Forums tab in menus editor

• gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

WP-4.3.1/Jolene/bbPress-2.5.8
    Going crazy here. Just building a “live” version of a site I tried WP out on. Installed same plugins as previous site, set up forums like previous site etc etc.
    Problem is when I go to Appearance>Menus to make a custom menu, I have four tabs: Pages; Posts; Custom Links; Catergories.
    On the site I learned WP on I also have four tabs: Pages; Forums; Custom Links; Categories.
    How do I get Posts to go and Forums to appear? I’ve tried various deactivations of plugins and re-install of all the bbPress stuff without success.
    Have I missed something or do I need to start from scratch?
    Cheers,
    Eugene.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Do have forums checked in the menu section screen options.

gene-stevo
    Participant

@gene-stevo

Once again you’ve nailed it first time. I won’t embarrass myself by saying how much time I wasted on this yesterday. Worthwhile though as I certainly won’t miss that again 🙂
    I only hope you’re paying yourself well for doing this stuff.
    Cheers,
    Eugene.

lflier
    Participant

@lflier

Same problem here. Forums are not appearing in the WordPress menu editor.

The solution (once more with feeling) is to click the tab entitled “Screen Options,” which appears at the top of the WordPress menu editor page, towards the right. Then check the “Forums” box.

If you don’t see the tab, it might be obscured by a plugin notification. That’s what happened to me…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar