Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Database – WordPress or New?

• Hi,

I’m about to install bbPress.

For the database information in installation step 1, do I put in the WordPress db settings or am I supposed to create a new database and put its details i?

I’m not sure if bbPress integrates into WordPress or if it is a completely stone-alone bb that just happens to be by the same people that brought us WordPress.

Cheers

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi, iltdevunit

That really depends what you are going to do with you wordpress and bbPress installations.

Using one table (but differenct prefixes) will allow you to make better use of MySQL features as integration will be seamless.

As for bbPress – it could completely integrate into WordPress and could be standalone: so really it depends on you!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It will integrate users with WordPress, if you want that.

It’s easiest to just use the WordPress database – just be sure the table prefix is different for WordPress and bbPress. WordPress uses wp_ by default and bbPress uses bb_ by default. Just be sure they are different, or bbPress will mess up your WordPress installation. Like this:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/extreme-database-help-im-an-idiot

Thanks for the replies. I intend to share WordPress user accounts so I’ll go with the same database.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar