Categories
Search
Bottom

Database importer never stops running

• darkoned12000
    Participant

@darkoned12000

Hello Everyone

I just recently installed bbpress 2.6 alpha build because I heard there was some more improvements to the database importer. I was trying a test run of converting my IPB v3.47 forums to bbpress 2.6a and I put in all of the info into the script and it looks like it was working and I went away for a few hours and came back and it was still running. I thought this was odd because the forums/users are not abnormally large.

I opened up the forums link inside the WP admin and noticed that it had created several duplicates of each forum area and replicated posts more than once. It’s almost like it didn’t know it finished and restarted the process all over.

Is there any logs or debugging that I can turn on that would provide help into troubleshooting this issue as to why the importer never stops processing? If there is mods installed on IPB could this mess with the importer at all?

I did find an error_log file and here is some of the issues I saw in it:

[03-Jul-2016 17:18:48 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/darkone/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 319
    [03-Jul-2016 17:18:48 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/darkone/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 320

[02-Jul-2016 17:10:39 UTC] WordPress database error Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes for query CREATE TABLE wp_bbp_converter_translator (
    meta_id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment,
    value_type varchar(25) null,
    value_id bigint(20) unsigned not null default ‘0’,
    meta_key varchar(255) null,
    meta_value varchar(255) null,
    PRIMARY KEY (meta_id),
    KEY value_id (value_id),
    KEY meta_join (meta_key, meta_value) ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci made by do_action(‘wp_ajax_bbconverter_process’), call_user_func_array, BBP_Converter->process_callback, BBP_Converter->sync_table, dbDelta

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • noticed that it had created several duplicates of each forum area and replicated posts more than once. It’s almost like it didn’t know it finished and restarted the process all over.

Hmmmm, that is weird, especially the forum duplicates

Is there any logs or debugging that I can turn on

Right click, “inspect element” will show you the actual MySQL queries in the raw web page source code that are taking place that importer uses for each step.

If there is mods installed on IPB could this mess with the importer at all?

Possibly, I’ve not tested any of the importable forums with any mods, there are simply far too many permutations and combinations, the MySQL debug above should help with determining if this is a factor or not.

The ini_set is bbPress’ attempt at bumping PHPs memory limit to 256mb if it can during import, you can ignore this.

The WordPress database error Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes for query CREATE TABLE wp_bbp_converter_translator issue I still need to fix, I’ll try to get that fixed today, see https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2936

darkoned12000
    Participant

@darkoned12000

Just to describe my process in this trial run I am doing with the import of IPB 3.47 to bbpress 2.6a:

– Install latest version of WP
    – Download and install latest version of bbpress
    – Open ‘Tool -> Forums -> Import Forums’
    – Selected ‘Invision’ and put in all my database info. I did set ‘Table Prefix’ to ‘ipb_’ since all of my tables in my ipboard setup start with ‘ibp_’
    – Row Limit and Time Delay (set to default), Convert Users is checked and nothing else is checked and I clicked ‘Start’

Here is a listing of the sql code executed, I only listed items that there was something done, ‘no conversions’ for items are not listed:

Code for convert Forum:
    <p class="" title="SELECT convert(forums.id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS id,convert(forums.parent_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS parent_id,convert(forums.topics USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS topics,convert(forums.posts USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS posts,convert(forums.name USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS name,convert(forums.name_seo USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS name_seo,convert(forums.description USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS description,convert(forums.position USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS position FROM ipb_forums AS forums LIMIT 100, 100">Converting forums (100 - 199)</p>

Code for Forum Heirarchy:
    <p class="" title="SELECT post_id AS value_id, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key = &quot;_bbp_old_forum_parent_id&quot; AND meta_value > 0 LIMIT 0, 100">Calculating forum hierarchy (0 - 99)</p>

Code for Topics:
    <p class="loading" title="SELECT convert(topics.tid USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS tid,convert(topics.posts USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS posts,convert(topics.forum_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS forum_id,convert(topics.starter_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS starter_id,convert(posts.post USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS post,convert(topics.title USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS title,convert(topics.pinned USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS pinned,convert(topics.start_date USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS start_date,convert(topics.last_post USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS last_post FROM ipb_topics AS topics INNER JOIN ipb_posts AS posts ON(topics.tid = posts.topic_id) WHERE posts.new_topic = 1 LIMIT 1100, 100">Converting topics (1100 - 1199)</p>

Code for Topic Stickies:
    <p class="" title="SELECT post_id AS value_id, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key = &quot;_bbp_old_sticky_status_id&quot; AND meta_value = &quot;sticky&quot; LIMIT 0, 100">Calculating topic stickies (0 - 99)</p>

Code for Topic Tags:
    <p class="" title="SELECT convert(core_tags.tag_meta_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS tag_meta_id,convert(core_tags.tag_text USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS tag_text FROM ipb_core_tags AS core_tags LIMIT 1800, 100">Converting topic tags (1800 - 1899)</p>

Code for Replies:
    <p class="" title="SELECT convert(posts.pid USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS pid,convert(posts.topic_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS topic_id,convert(posts.ip_address USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS ip_address,convert(posts.author_id USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS author_id,convert(posts.post USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS post,convert(posts.post_date USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS post_date,convert(posts.edit_time USING &quot;utf8mb4&quot;) AS edit_time FROM ipb_posts AS posts LIMIT 400, 100">Converting replies (400 - 499)</p>

Conversion Complete
    Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/darkone/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 319

<Script started over again with ‘Converting Fourms’

@ darkoned12000 Thanks for the detailed reply, helps heaps +1

All those MySQL queries look correct, so what I see is you have 100-199 forums, it recalculated your forum hierarchy, you’ve 1100-1199 topics, there were some “sticky” topics, 1800-1899 topic tags, and 400-499 replies imported all up.

I’m surprised, aka have not seen before the ini_set warning shown in the conversion window, I thought you may have found that in your logs rather than on-screen :/

Now this: <Script started over again with ‘Converting Fourms’, I’ve never seen this happen either, what is the environment you are performing this in? A local setup using MAMP or XAMPP? A Vagrant VVV setup? A webhost suck GoDaddy, Dreamhost etc?

I’m trying to think how I might be able to replicate this issue so I can then fix it :/

darkoned12000
    Participant

@darkoned12000

Thank you Stephen for the assistance so far.

I was just grabbing entries and not the last one of each type these were the final counts for each:
    Converting forums (100 – 199)
    Calculating forum hierarchy (0 – 99)
    No forum subscriptions to convert
    Converting topics (5200 – 5299)
    No anonymous topic authors to convert
    Calculating topic stickies (0 – 99)
    No super stickies to stick
    No closed topics to close
    Converting topic tags (2800 – 2899)
    No topic subscriptions to convert
    No favorites to convert
    Converting replies (56200 – 56299)
    No anonymous reply authors to convert
    No threaded replies to convert
    Conversion Complete
    Started process again with Converting forums (0 – 99)

During that particular run the error_log didn’t have any exceptions only these two lines over and over (yes these do show in my output window on the import screen):
    [02-Jul-2016 16:39:08 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/darkone/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 319
    [02-Jul-2016 16:39:08 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/darkone/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/converter.php on line 320

My website is hosted with https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps-hosting.html. Believe it is using CentOS6 x32, but I can try to get you particulars of what it is running if you let me know what you need? I am running the conversion right in the same instance just different folder off the root for my WP install.

If you add extra debug to converter.php I can run it and send you any results if that helps? But this is a live server environment. So the website I am converting the database for is up and running and is not shutdown for this process. I was just trying to see what a test run would show me.

Thanks for all the efforts.

Thanks, that should be enough info for now, it eliminates fucky things that can happen with MAMP and XAMPP working with localhost, most likely there is a PHP restriction that is triggering this, can probably be worked around/ignored I think.

The importer restarting is a pain, can you check via phpMyAdmin or equivalent if you actually have a wp_bbp_converter_translator table? (Maybe a different prefix to wp_ if you use a custom prefix, e.g. myprefix_bbp_converter_translator.

What I actually expect here rather than restarting the import is:

Conversion Complete
    Repair any missing information: <a href="https://example.com/wp-admin/tools.php?page=bbp-repair">Continue</a></p>');

Instead of:

Conversion Complete
    Started process again with Converting forums (0 – 99)

For my notes, after displaying “Conversion complete” (src) it should then read that message and link to the “Repair tools” (src)

For now, can you run through each of the repair tools via and see how everything looks, it should fix up the counts of forums, topics, replies etc

https://example.com/wp-admin/tools.php?page=bbp-repair

darkoned12000
    Participant

@darkoned12000

There are all of the tables from my WP database:

Table Rows Type Collation Size
    wp_commentmeta 0 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 4 KiB
    wp_comments 1 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 7.2 KiB
    wp_links 0 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 1 KiB
    wp_options 147 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 408.1 KiB 372B
    wp_postmeta 281,003 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 22.3 MiB
    wp_posts 67,398 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 72 MiB
    wp_termmeta 0 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 4 KiB
    wp_terms 1,448 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 146.7 KiB
    wp_term_relationships 2,891 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 191.3 KiB
    wp_term_taxonomy 1,448 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 110.5 KiB
    wp_usermeta 17 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 11.1 KiB
    wp_users 1 MyISAM utf8mb4_unicode_ci 8.1 KiB

One thing I noticed is that it didn’t convert the users even though I checked that box, I might re-install WP/bbpress and do this process again. I did download bbpress 2.6a and installed it via browse file and activated it when it was done and went directly to forum -> tools -> import forums to start the process. But it looks like that table you were looking for DID NOT get created during this process. If there is a missed step in here to create missing tables please let me know.

Even though I will need to reinstall running the repair tools to see if it returns or shows any errors.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar