Categories
Search
Bottom

Dashboard Box times are wrong

• josh.grisdale
    Participant

@joshgrisdale

Hello,

I have my WordPress site set to my timezone, but the times shown in the Dashboard Box “Latest Forum Topics and Replies” shows posts with times from a different timezone.

ie I just posted something and looked at the dashboard box and it says “posted 9 hours ago”… (btw my timezone is UTC+9, so it seems the dashboard box is assuming UTC…

By the way, on the forum itself it shows the correct time of posting. So, it only seems to be the dashboard box.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• kojak711
    Participant

@kojak711

I have the exact same issue as this.

My time zone is GMT-3:30.

Front end: The topic list shows ‘Last Post’ as 3 hours and 30 minutes ago but when you click the topic the latest reply time (the most recent reply) is correct.

Back end: under Forums it shows the ‘Last Post’ as 3 hours, 30 minutes ago when I just added a test post. However, under ‘Replies’ it shows the correct time in the ‘Created’ column.

Is there a fix available for this? I’ve tried everything I’ve found in these forums and nothing has worked.

Robin W

@robin-w

Back end: under Forums it shows the ‘Last Post’ as 3 hours, 30 minutes ago when I just added a test post. However, under ‘Replies’ it shows the correct time in the ‘Created’ column.

Can you test this with a page or post – bbpress is just a custom post type and uses wordpress code for the backend

kojak711
    Participant

@kojak711

Hmm…that’s weird. You’re right…when I add a regular WP post is shows the wrong ‘Published on: ” time but on the front end when displaying the post’s time is shows the correct time.

I’ll have to do some more troubleshooting.

Thanks for the quick reply!

kojak711
    Participant

@kojak711

Found it! date_default_timezone_set was being used in the theme’s functions.php file. I removed it and this fixed the issue.

Thanks again for pointing me in that direction. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar