Custom Sidebar Problem
While redesigning my website, I can not get the custom sidebar to work in the bbPress forum.
Plugins I have installed:
-bbPress WP Tweaks
Theme: Smart Mag
Forum URL: http://shootingtime.com/test2/archery-bowhunting-forum/
This is how I got to where I’m at:
1. I assigned bbPress to use the forum root slug /archery-bowhunting-forum/
2. I created a page with the url slug /archery-bowhunting-forum/
3. With the ‘Custom Sidebars’ plugin, I created a sidebar called ‘forums sidebar’.
4. I checked the box entitled ‘Allow this sidebar to be replaced’ on the sidebar named “main sidebar”
5. I went to the forum page (with the url slug /archery-bowhunting-forum/) and selected the ‘forums sidebar’ from the custom sidebar options
This did not work. I tried it with another individual page and it did work so I assume it’s a bbPress specific problem.
1. I installed bbPress WP Tweaks
2. bbPress WP Tweaks gave me a widget called “bbPress sidebar” so I customized it.
It didn’t work.
I went to the forum page and selected “bbPress sidebar” in the option field. This didn’t work either.
There is one way I did get the forum index page and the custom sidebar to show up at the same time. It happened when the url slug was different the the bbPress forum slug and I used the bbPress shortcode for the forum to show up. When I clicked on a subforum, the custom sidebar disappeared though.
Please someone HELP!!!!!!!
I also tried all the “forum wrappers” in the ‘bbPress WP Tweaks’ and it didn’t work.
i just checked your site and i see different sidebars for some sections of your site im going to assume this is resolved.
if you still have an issue please reply back.
The problem turned out to be a setting in the custom sidebars plugin. I had to set the custom sidebar to be shown on forum archives for it to show up on the forum homepage… also forums and topics for it to show there.
Hey what did you do to fix it? Cause im having the same problem with Custom Sidebars (from WPMU)
Looks like you’re in the right track.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.