Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS..?

• Uncle Jimmy
    Participant

@uncle-jimmy

Hello everyone!

I wasn’t sure where to post, or what exactly to ask..lol! Is it possible to make the changes in the image with CSS? Or does it have to be done within the php files?

I’ve looked all over the internet for specific tutorials to accomplish this and can’t find anything definitive enough.

Wordpress/Buddypress/bbPress.. That’s the combination I want to stick with but wrapping my mind around it is very difficult, even with all the great documentation! Ha!

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks. Jim :o)

Forum Template Edit

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

It is definitely possible.

You might want to create custom templates then style it to want you want from there.

copy the loop-single-topic.php file into your child theme in a folder called bbpress. THen add the topic excerpt using bbp_topic_excerpt() and also place the post count into an icon font.

You can add topic thumbnails with a plugin I think, or just manually put that before every topic.

You can also change the heading to comments by copying/editing I think loop-topics.php into your child theme in a folder called bbpress also.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

Uncle Jimmy
    Participant

@uncle-jimmy

@Robkk

First off, thank you! for pointing me to files Rob, that’s always my first battle. And thanks for giving me the clues to the solutions.

I got notified right when you replied, on Sunday no less! And was SO excited! Thanks for responding on your personal time.

Now I’m just trying to sort out your recommendations..lol! Seeing what files to work on helps me focus my learning curve.

The avatar on the left (in the Edited View of above image) is going to hook back to the authors Buddypress Profile. Seeing that the file is structured in an unordered list helps me understand what’s happening with the php a little better.

I have too much to learn! lol!, I wish there was a forum where services could be traded. :o)

Here is how I sorted it out;

First
    This article provided a snippet example that showed me the correct statement to put into a <li></li> right above the top li in loop-single-topic.php, I only had to add the class="bbp-topic-author-link" to the li, and then tell it to float-left/padding-0,10 in the child-theme/bbPress/css and voila! Wooohoooooo!!! Sorry, I get excited when things go right! lol!

Second
    I commented out the Forum Titles – Voices/Freshness in loop-topics.php like this

<!-- 			<li class="bbp-topic-voice-count"><?php _e( 'Voices', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>
    			<li class="bbp-topic-reply-count"><?php bbp_show_lead_topic() ? _e( 'Replies', 'bbpress' ) : _e( 'Posts', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>
     -->

..and then move the reply count over & under Freshness, (again, with css)

Third
    I’ll be back, I like to keep a record in my Topics here, cause I know!, I’ll forget! lol!

Uncle Jimmy
    Participant

@uncle-jimmy

@robkk

Here’s how it’s looking so far; http://christianitees.infinigrafix.com/forum/

I still haven’t figured out how to place the post count into an icon font. I did it with css for now. Know any good tutorials for that?

Sorry about that last Reply, the option to Edit it again wasn’t available.. ? I would like to clean it up, I didn’t realize certain tags wouldn’t work.

Robkk

@robkk

I got notified right when you replied, on Sunday no less! And was SO excited! Thanks for responding on your personal time.

Football season is over haha

This article provided a snippet example that showed me the correct statement to put into

Yep that is exactly how to do it.

Here’s how it’s looking so far

You pretty much got it from what I can see.

I still haven’t figured out how to place the post count into an icon font. I did it with css for now. Know any good tutorials for that?

I can’t think of any guides at the moment, but using the image you have now works too.

Sorry about that last Reply, the option to Edit it again wasn’t available.. ? I would like to clean it up, I didn’t realize certain tags wouldn’t work.

fixed it

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar