Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

couple of questions

• afurneaux
    Participant

@afurneaux

I have a couple of questions, i think i must be missing something.
    To access the forum it is linked in a widget , maybe its because the theme i have installed but it will only let me have it on the side bars or in the footer. Is the anyway to have a link to the message board at the top in the menu bar. Andrewstravelworld.com see the menu bar i have one already set up ready to go , just need the link. Second question, i can seem to find the control panel for the message board, the back end so to speak, that manages users, profile etc.
    What am i missing?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Robkk

@robkk

1. you can add a custom link to your forums in the menu section of your site.

2. Well since bbPress is a WordPress plugin most of the Content Management is done through the WordPress back-end. To manage the users in the back-end of WordPress you would have to go to users > all users. For them or you to edit their bbPress profile they could go to the front-end by defalt should be yoursite.com/forums/users/username/edit/.

to manage bbPress specific settings go to settings > forums in the back-end of WordPress.

if you need anymore help come back.

afurneaux
    Participant

@afurneaux

Robin W i apologize if i broke any rules.
    thank you for your information.

Robkk

Thank you for your reply.

I guess the custom link is my question, what is it, or how do i customize it?

Robkk

@robkk

you have a link to your dissuasion board already in your menu

i mean if you didnt put the shortcode into that page already , the forums should show up every time you hit it.

use this shortcode

[bbp-forum-index]

https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

other than putting the shortcode

usually when visiting a site the forums archive is usually yoursite.com/forums.

so use the links part in the menus section and add a custom link

afurneaux
    Participant

@afurneaux

I’m still confused as to where to put the short code

I went to the customize link

customize link

I don’t understand where to enter the short code.

My blog is andrewstravelworld.com

right now the message board is a widget

Right now i only have north america set up but i want the link to be directed to the general board and not just the north america section, i plan on adding other sections. Most message boards list all their forums and then theirs sub sections thats what i’m planning to do.

I’m sure theirs something small that i’m missing , any help or advice would be great appreciated!

Robkk

@robkk

@afurneaux

make sure you follow this so that you have everything set up correctly

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar