Categories
Search
Bottom

Comments on Topics

• Soul
    Participant

@soulkitchen

Hi
    Any idea how to activate the comments section on topics?

I did allready activate the comments on the wp admin–> Settings –> Discussion
    and on Edit Topic –> Screen Options –> Discussion (checked) and also checked allow comments box.

the comment box does not appear.

I want to use both on my Forum. is there a way to do this?

Thanks
    Best Regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I do not recommend trying to use WordPress comments with bbPress, just use the default replies.

Soul
    Participant

@soulkitchen

Hi Robkk
    Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate your recommending. Let me try to use it to see it by my self. 🙂

So there is a way to activate the comments box in the topic section. How can i activate it?

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Robkk

@robkk

There is no special optionYou would have to edit the bbPress templates, and I guess replace the reply form with the comment form.

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/comments_template/

And I guess you might need to do more work like remove any other mentions of replies in bbPress entirely like in topic/forum stats, notices/descriptions, user profile data, activate show lead topic, find a plugin to allow mods to move comments to other topics. Then you might need to find different plugins that you need if you want quoting, attachments, bbcode, and more for custom features.

Then I guess if you want to ever leave bbPress with your custom comments integration, you will need to create a custom import for whatever you are importing to.

Still do not recommend it, but if you really really want I suggest hiring a developer if you do not have the knowledge or time to do all of this by yourself.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar