Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Comment Count in forum pages

• edooze
    Participant

@edooze

Does anyone know why, under the page title, the comment count and author line is showing?

Comments are disabled for the page, but on every page with bbpress on it still shows this line.

If you’re not sure what I’m referring to, the line reads:
    “By on in | 0 comments”
    it is normally removed by disabling comments in typical WP pages.

TIA,
    edooze.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

you need to create a bbpress.php file, follow this link to read more info about it.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

edooze
    Participant

@edooze

Thanks for the help. That’s far too complicated for my uses. I will look for an alternative forum option.

Robkk

@robkk

@edooze

LOL its not complicated at all at least not so complicated to switch to a different forum

basically it says copy the file page.php and rename it to any of the listed options

plugin-bbpress.php
    bbpress.php
    forums.php
    forum.php

then edit the file and remove the things you dont need in your forum

like the comment count , by post author , post category, and post date that are usally posted on blog posts.

Robin W

@robin-w

@edooze – as robkk says whilst at first this may seem daunting, it is probably your easiest option.

The issue is not with bbpress, but with your theme, which is not recognising custom post types, and treating them as blog pages.

To fix this you need to modify the file which is displaying pages, and make a copy that bbpress can use.

Since it is a theme compatibility issue, it is likely that any other forum software will have the same issue.

edooze
    Participant

@edooze

Thanks for the help, it would appear I may have over-reacted – I’m just not much of a programmer. I’ll give that a try as you have suggested and post back.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m just not much of a programmer

hey no problem, you may need to come back when you have renamed and copied the file for further help – which theme are you using?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar