Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing order of forum displays.

• Colin Poole
    Participant

@silmaris

I’ve been looking everywhere for this and I’m shocked to think there is no way to change the order forums display on the home page. I’m running the forum categories option so I currently have 6 categories with 3 forums within each one. The 3 forums in each category display in the order they were created, not alphabetically, and not prompting off of the “Order” forum attribute, which I guess is just for sorting them on the Admin pages. Is this possible or is this in the works for release in the near future?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Colin Poole
    Participant

@silmaris

Found the add-on “Post Types Order” and oddly enough, even though it’s supposed to be used for re-ordering custom forms/posts and what not, somehow after installing it, the “Order” forum attributes are actually being recognized as sort orders for the forum index. So problem solved! I’d have just deleted my post rather than write out this reply but I don’t think you can, so just wanted to follow-up that the problem is solved.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

It’s already possible. You can change the order by editing the forums in the back-end. Just click edit in the list and on the right you can see the list of Forum Attributes, the bottom one is “Order”.

Tobias Claren
    Participant

@tobias-claren

Hi.

Near 2016, and the same “horror”.
    The problem is, if I add another forum, I have to change the “order” number in all forums.

Is there perhaps a plugin for this plugin (bbpress)?
    For simple moving the forum order with drag & drop.

Robkk

@robkk

@tobias-claren

Is there perhaps a plugin for this plugin (bbpress)?
    For simple moving the forum order with drag & drop

Not specifcally with bbPress, but for custom post types (bbPress uses custom post types).

https://wordpress.org/plugins/intuitive-custom-post-order/

Fabio Fava
    Participant

@fabiofava

How about Topics? Is there any way to order them?

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

I just too would like to add 1-3 buttons to the forum topics listing in order to change the default order. I would code it to changed template, if I would know what functions to use.

Robin W

@robin-w

it would not be done in a template, in essence you would need to filter

add_filter(‘bbp_before_has_topics_parse_args’

but this runs before the template loads, so would be a large coding task.

tapiohuuhaa
    Participant

@tapiohuuhaa

Ok. thank’s. I look at the filter.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar