Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing Hyperlink Colors

• DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

Hello!

First: I’m using WordPress 4.1.1 running The Thinker Lite theme. I’m using bbPress 2.5.6 and my site is artintheblood.net.

I would like to change the color of the hyperlinks that appear in posts on my forum. For example, I’d like to have them be blue. I went in yesterday in hopes of doing that, but when I made the changes via the bbPress style pack (which is completely brilliant), ALL of the links were changed. The topic titles, user names, everything.

Is there a way to only change the color of links that appear within posts? Or is this just a lovely pipe dream that exists in my head?

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer!

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I did open Filezilla and I searched for “cache” — I found a cache.php file, but I didn’t even attempt to go mucking about in there!

yep , dont edit files or delete any files you might cause another issue with your site.

I’m a little glad to hear that you’ve possibly had a similar problem; maybe I can ask some other people on the site to try out different browsers and see if I need to go clean out my CPU cache.

something like it , im sure its common too , like i said i dont remember 100%

If you have a chance to add more classes to the CSS code, I would be extremely grateful. I really appreciate the time and effort you’ve spent on my issues.

i tested with your theme and this seemed to work.

.bbpress span#favorite-toggle a,
    .bbpress span#subscription-toggle a {
    	color: #000;
    }

.bbpress span#favorite-toggle a:hover,
    .bbpress span#subscription-toggle a:hover {
    	color: #707070;
    }

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

I put the code you posted into my CSS just below the other code you gave me, but the Favorite and Subscribe buttons are still blue for me. I think I hit put a return in between the two — was that the right thing to do?

Robkk

@robkk

@danajoy2008

did you flush the cache again to see if it was that.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

@robkk

I surely did flush the cache, and I confirmed with my host that it’s the only caching function on my site at present.

Now here’s the crazy thing: When I have the website open in Chrome, I see the links in blue AND the Favorite/Subscribe buttons in blue. But when I open the site in Firefox, only the links in the posts are blue (as I wanted it to be).

I’m thinking this is an issue with me now. Your code seems to be totally brilliant and working just fine; my laptop obviously hates me.

Thank you again so much for all of your help. You really are awesome at this!

Robkk

@robkk

@danajoy2008

alright as long as the favorite/subscribe links are black then grayish on hover in Firefox , then my code is working fine.

as for your cache issue make sure to contact other support to help you will this.

your hosting support and also wordpress.org support should help.

Support Forums

and maybe installing the CCleaner program on your CPU will help remove some of chromes internet cache.

And if you figure out a configuration for the cache function on your site , make sure the setting have it to not having any Admin user and logged in user not have cache since this is usually recommended.

DanaJoy2008
    Participant

@danajoy2008

Awesome. Thank you so much for the additional advice!

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar