Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t Login!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • No one can login, or just you?

Does your WP username have any spaces or “funny” characters in it?

No one..

My wordpress username doesnt contain spaces or anything like that, it’s simply “ocean”

I am getting the very same error. I have a download from the 12th that i installed today. After login, on multiple users, go nowhere!

I came to the forum to see if I am not alone. and am not!

Gary

What webserver are you two using? This initial release didn’t receive much testing under IIS. There could still be some bugs there.

Also, please try installing the official release, garymill. There were several changes between October 12th and the final version, some of which dealt with login issues.

I’m on a Linux

I just downloaded the latest version, deleted the previous tables and did a new install.

Same login problem is being encountered.

the forum is at http://energizedeating.com/blog/forum/

Anyone is welcome to register to confirm and hopefully help me solve this.

When I arrive at the forum, I am greeted as signed in

When I tried to post, I am prompted to login, , but the same login box appears again after and I remain not logined in.

If I enter my login info wrong, I am given an error message.

I hope someone can help.

Gary

Yeah, anyone is willing to give mine a shot too:

http://www.astereostudio.com/on/forums

(Layout is a bit screwy, in the middle of customizing for theme release)

championeer

@championeer

Yes, I meet the same issue that I can’t login with my wordpress username. I used Dreamhost as webhosting.

I am using linux.

planetphillip

@planetphillip

I had the same problem, but after reading the Ulitmate bbPress Guide (http://www.devlounge.net/articles/the-ultimate-bbpress-guide/1/) I realised I had made mistakes on these lines of my config file:

#

$bb->wp_table_prefix = false; // 'wp_'; // WordPress table prefix.

#

$bb->wp_home = false; // WordPress - Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

#

$bb->wp_siteurl = false; // WordPress - Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

I replaced the FALSE with TRUE instead of adding the actual urls and the'wp_'. Your problem might be completely different but maybe you made the same mistake as I did?

As a side note it seemed obvious to me that if it wasn’t FALSE then I should set it to TRUE, but maybe not everybody agrees.

hth

Aaron
    Participant

@ergate

When I use this option

Set it to true, and use my prefix, I am running into this error:

bbPress database error: [Table 'dbname.1users' doesn't exist]

SELECT * FROM 1users WHERE user_login = 'ergate' AND SUBSTRING_INDEX( user_pass, '---', 1 ) = '*****[moderated]*****'

bbPress database error: [Table 'dbname.1users' doesn't exist]

SELECT * FROM 1users WHERE user_login = 'ergate'

Even if I intentionally put the wrong db prefix, it still gives this same error.

But as long as I use keep using the old integration code in the config file

// use the WP user table for your bbpress user list

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');

the login works just fine.

planetphillip

@planetphillip

This is what it should look like:

$bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_'; // 'wp_'; // WordPress table prefix.

I made the point about TRUE becasue it seems that you never set it to TRUE, you just add the correct prefix.

Aaron
    Participant

@ergate

Yeah, that was a little confusing. Thanks for clarifying.

FYI, I just recieved an email from the bbpress dev mailing list about this being updated. It is now less confusing on the config sample to.

Solved my problem. It was coming from

#

#

$bb->wp_home = false; // WordPress - Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

#

$bb->wp_siteurl = false; // WordPress - Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

I had set the urls only to domain.com/directory, when I added the http and www it worked fine.

I need a bit of help still with the login issue

My config for this section

// The rest is only useful if you are integrating bbPress with WordPress.

// If you’re not, just leave the rest as it is.

$bb->wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’; // ‘wp_’; // WordPress table prefix.

$bb->wp_home = ‘http://www.energizedeating.com/blog’; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

$bb->wp_siteurl = ‘http://www.energizedeating.com/blog’; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

// Use the following line *only* if you will be loading WordPress everytime you load bbPress.

//define(‘WP_BB’, true);

/* Stop editing */

define(‘BBPATH’, dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/’ );

require_once( BBPATH . ‘bb-settings.php’ );

?>

Thanks,

Gary

planetphillip

@planetphillip

Everything looks fine to me, although I could be wrong! Might seem a silly question but does your wp dtabase definitely have the ‘wp_’ prefix?

Also there’s a chance that there’s a error somewhere else in the config file. I had to reinstall just to be certain after I corrected my config. I knew immediately everything was fine becasue during the setup I asked presented with a drop-down list of users to choose from. Previously (When I had the config wrong) I didn’t.

hth

Phillip

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the advice. I do have the right table prefix. What I see as the issue is that the first time I installed, it let me select users from a list. Each time I have done a reinstall, it does not, it keeps the same each time. Is something not being done by me in the reinstall to cause that.

Gary

planetphillip

@planetphillip

When you do a re-install are you dropping the tables from the database? I’m afraid I’m not an expert and that’s the only thing I can think of, sorry!

hth

Phillip

I am dropping them. Thanks for the help though.

Gary

garymill,

Login problem:

wp_home and wp_siturl will only work if the url for your forums is a “subdirectory” of the url for your WordPress blog. If that is not the case, you’ll need the more fine-grained control mentioned in the Cookie integration with WordPress Documentation

Installation problem:

on Installation, bbPress looks to see if there are any keymasters in the User Tables already. You’ll need to go to your usermeta table and delete the entry:

meta_key = $bb_table_prefix . ‘capabilities’ (example: ‘bb_capablities’)

meta_value = a:1:{s:9:”keymaster”;b:1;}

This part of the installation will have to change in the next version for several reasons. The difficulties you’re seeing is one of them.

championeer

@championeer

Thank mdawaffe! I have solved this problem. It looks working fine when I moved BBPress into a sub-directory of my WordPress.

In wp_user meta data I have this line

wp_capabilities a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}

Should this be deleted?

Gary

What table Should I look for the keymaster line, maybe what I just posted above is somehting else.

My forum is a subdirectory of my blog by the way.

Gary

garymill, it should be in your wp_usermeta table. Can you search that table for keymaster?

I do not have that entry it seems.

Gary

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.