Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t import small vbulletin 4.2.x forum

• hughb1
    Participant

@hughb1

Hi,

I’ve been trying for some time to import what I consider to be a very small forum but I can’t seem to get the your import function to progress past what I believe to be the early stages of the process and would love any help you can give me. I’ve tried many different import settings from 50 to 35000 rows and 0.1 to 5 seconds pause. I’ve also tired with and without importing users and purging all existing vbulletin tags. But I can never get past the forum hierachy stage. It just sits there forever churning. Anyway the database is on localhost. My host has lots of cpu and a pair of ssds. The forum has 25000 threads and 210000 posts.

Thanks!

Hugh

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• siparker
    Participant

@siparker

Hi,

thats not that small lol. but anyway a few tips.

I imported 2500 rows at a time. on a dedicated server. using chrome.the last poioint is improtant as firefix inevitably crashed part way through the process.

before starting i pruned all of the crap posts that provided no seo value over a few years old.

do purge all tags. especially if you used something like the auto tag generator beforehand. it take a very long time to do tags otherwise.

i then ran it over about a day or so and it did work.

Also ensure you are using the 2.6 alpha release thats available as this made a difference to me when importing.

siparker
    Participant

@siparker

oh and here is the plugin to amke vbseo style urls in bbpress https://github.com/siparker/bbpress-vbulletin-permalink

hughb1
    Participant

@hughb1

Thank. I will try Chrome although I’ve had no visible crashes, this alpha and report back.

hughb1
    Participant

@hughb1

Ok so I finally got it working and using Chrome helped but the browser wasn’t the problem. What you need to do is massively increase the execution timeouts of your web server and PHP installation. Once you’ve done that the settings you use are arbitrary but the process completes flawlessly. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar