Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't get the bbPress Sidebar to show

• tlmoffett
    Participant

@tlmoffett

I am using WordPress 4.0 and bbPress 2.5.4. My site is http://tomscustomwoodcraft.com using the Aspen Pro theme. I am also using the bbPress WP Tweaks plugin. I have followed the documentation to setup the Forums and that’s working, but when I try to use the sidebar for registration and login nothing shows up. The documentation says to go to the wp-content directory to check the page template(s). I know nothing about coding and I have no idea how to get to wp-content directory. Please help!!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• tlmoffett
    Participant

@tlmoffett

Okay. I finally got into the wp-content directory and have checked the page templates and found I am using the correct template, but I still can’t see the bbPress sidebar.

Robkk

@robkk

do you still have the issue because i went to your site and it shows a set of bbpress widgets in a widget area on bbpress pages??

johnpereless
    Participant

@johnpereless

Do you think that issue still persists? let me know so that I can pull the answer and respond you accordingly? Thanks

evilhare
    Participant

@evilhare

I have the same problem… I have the forum page set to show the bbpress sidebar but it doesn’t show

Robkk

@robkk

@evilhare if its a bbPress WP Tweaks plugin problem go to their support.

if you think it could maybe your themes compatibility with the plugin go to your theme support.

evilhare
    Participant

@evilhare

@Robkk I’ve no clue what’s causing it. Maybe it’s conflicting with the custom sidebars plugin. Will try turning that one off.

Robkk

@robkk

@evilhare probably , i would just use the custom sidebars plugin by itself though.

unless you really care the login links widget , which if you do you can create simple html links to your login form in the text widget.

example:

<a href="http://example.com/login" title="login">Login</a>

wolfdogg
    Participant

@wolfdogg

I have this problem after just installing bbpress for the 1st time. I’ve noticed that whatever page I have listed for ‘Forum Root’ in Settings will not respond to many of the page changes. I’ve tried adding breadcrumbs and they won’t show. I’ve tried removing the sidebar altogether and the sidebar still shows. I try changing the sidebar to a different set of widgets and it doesn’t respond.

If I change this ‘Forum Root’, the page will then accurately respond to all changes. I’m using Enfold theme.

Robin W

@robin-w

lots of different users here with same symptoms but probably different problems.

Suggest you all start with

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

and if that doesn’t fix, start a fresh thread so that we can fix these individually.

tenaki
    Participant

@tenaki

@robin-w Might be a very old thread but that set up guide worked a treat thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

hey thanks – always appreciate being appreciated 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar