Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't get access to a created forum

• J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Hello.
    BBPress have a problem with is that after installing it. I do forums and subforums and I have put a link in the header of the site and list me correctly, coming not find specific forum.
    I not find them by FTP

What is happening?

Thanks and regards.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I don’t know how your going to find your forums in FTP , but you can go to each forum and click view and that should take you right to the forum.

you also see the whole forum archive if you go to yoursite.com/forums.

if you dont have pretty permalinks activated in settings>permalinks in the backend of WordPress then its yoursite.com/?post_type=forum

other than that make sure you correctly created your forums and subforums correctly.

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Thanks for your reply.

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Then. I can not find the path of directories on FTP?
    My problem is that when I click on the forum, shows me page not found (404).

If my configuradiĆ³n is as follows. Where should I look to have successfully created the forums?
    Thanks.

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

sorry, I can not post or link to list of forums on the web or an image I had of the configuration.

Robin W

@robin-w

Forums are stored in the database, so you will not find them using ftp

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

After performing the tasks assigned by Robin W:

It is a problem with a plugin, specifically with the “WPML Multilingual CMS (version 3.1.8.4) By OnTheGoSystems”.

Any idea so they can function simultaneously?

Again, thanks in advance.

Edit for expand: When I activate the plugin WPML, also the menus (Forums, Topics and Replies) disappear.

Robin W

@robin-w

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Thanks Robin W.
    I followed the link and I have read all the support offered on the subject.
    In the end, they provided me a plugin bridge that has partly solved the problem, as I can now see the Administrator menus, but still bringing me back a page 404 clicking on the forums.
    Since WPML support are not likely to do more.
    Can you think to you some action I can do to get, that these two great plugins works together?

Thanks in advance.

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

WPML Support they neglect the issues.
    I think, having WordPress installed “by default” the WPML plugin, bbPress should take this into account and find a solution. Do not you believe it appropriate?

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Unfortunately we only have one solution, changing the type of forum and forget bbPress.

Greetings.

Robkk

@robkk

@jparra-1

on http://wpml.org/forums/topic/bbpress-and-wpml/

there is a workaround toward the bottom.

and also links for some custom development for this kind of thing if you want to do that.

Can you think to you some action I can do to get, that these two great plugins works together?

their site forums im sure shows that they work together , the WPML team says they are working on it , unless i havent found the topic/post that says they already have??

J.Parra
    Participant

@jparra-1

Sorry but we have already implemented another application to have a forum.

However, if another customer returns me to ask in the future, I will check if there is a stable solution for the coexistence of bbPres with WPML.

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar