Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t be logged into BOTH WP and BB (trunk)

• Okay, this is an oldy but a goodie.

I’ve got bleeding edge trunk (as of lunchtime yesterday) and once I installed it, I could no longer share my login cookies between WP and BB. I reverted to my backup and it magically worked again. At first I thought I must have whacked my bb-settings (since that’s how I thought I fixed it last time), but that didn’t work.

I’ve been fiddling with this a couple times, and I finally found my notes that my ‘working’ version of bb-settings.php was how I fixed it (basically I fiddled with it and now it works). I can’t use it, though, since if I try and paste up that file with the trunk build, the forums die.

My ‘fix’ was to change this:

if ( $bb->path != '/' ) $bb->path = '/' . trim( $bb->path, " tnrx0B/" ) . '/';

to

if ( $bb->path != '/' ) $bb->path = '/' . trim( $bb->path, '/' ) . '/';

No longer works.

I’m not sure why the cookies are borked that way, and I have a lingering suspicion that it’s becuase I have my blog in /blog, but I’m running it out of / (root). My forums are in /forums.

WP 2.7.1

BB trunk bleeding edge

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • This issue is fixed with trunk as of … er now?

Side error is my old hack to fetch the gravatar on the front page is borked, but that’s okay :)

Fixed.

Changed

<?php if ( $avatar = bb_get_avatar( bb_get_current_user_info( 'name' ), $size = '50' ) ) : ?>
    <div style="float:right;"><?php echo $avatar; ?></div>
    <?php unset($avatar); endif; ?>

to

<?php if ( $avatar = bb_get_avatar( bb_get_current_user_info( 'id' ), $size = '50' ) ) : ?>
    <div style="float:right;"><?php echo $avatar; ?></div>
    <?php unset($avatar); endif; ?>

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar