Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot resume PHPBB forum import

• giobby
    Participant

@giobby

hi all,

I just wanted to share an update on my mission to migrate from PHPBB to BBPress.
    In version 2.5.8 I had the problem with the wrong authors (fixed with some additional db query).
    Now in 2.5.9 I cannot even complete the migration.
    I know that when I get the dashes (“——“) it means I lost the connection and I have to start the conversion again that would resume supposedly from where it stopped.
    That was true for 2.5.8 but in 2.5.9 I’ve tried 5 times already and when I get the dashes and try to resume, I get a message that says that there are no more replies to convert (which is not true).

Any idea on how I can correctly resume the process?

Just FYI, it takes 2 full days of processing to convert about 370K replies.
    I would appreciate If anybody can tell me how can I improve this performance (I’ve full control on the machine).

Thanks,

Gio

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi,
    Did you try with bbPress 2.6-alpha ? It’s still alpha but very stable and has improved a lot in both performance and import.

Pascal.

giobby
    Participant

@giobby

Not yet. I am actually waiting for 2.6 to be released as I prefer not to roll out with the alpha version.
    Any idea on when 2.6 will be release?

Thanks,

Gio

Schoelje
    Participant

@schoelje

I’ve imported phpBB 3.1.9 into bbPress 2.6 alpha without problems.
    I suggest you to create a development machine if you haven’t done so already and give it a try.

giobby
    Participant

@giobby

That’s good to know.
    I’ve already created a dev environment but the conversion takes too long, so I prefer to wait until the official release is out as I will have to redo the conversion on with that version anyway.

Does anybody know when 2.6 will be released?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar