Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot modify header information

• arathra
    Participant

@arathra

I’ve narrowed this down to bbpress and have read up a load of suggestions but none seem to work and I can’t get rid of this error message which leaves the rest of the admin page blank.

The message I get is:

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/xxxx/public_html/home/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3901

Followed by

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/home/wp-includes/functions.php:3901) in /home/xxxx/public_html/home/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

The first message I understand is a noted bug which I can ignore.

The second appears only when bbpress is activated (even with no other plugins activated on a new 4.5 installation of WP is there).

I’ve checked /wp-includes/functions.php and there are no spaces at the beginning or end of it (as suggested on another thread as a possible cause) and likewise /wp-includes/pluggable.php has no spaces.

What else might be causing this error and can I do anything about it?

Many thanks for any help here…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so what is on

/home/xxxx/public_html/home/wp-includes/functions.php

line 3901?

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

/**
    	 * Filter whether to trigger an error for _doing_it_wrong() calls.
    	 * @since 3.1.0
    	 * @param bool $trigger Whether to trigger the error for _doing_it_wrong() calls. Default true.
    	 */
    	if ( WP_DEBUG && apply_filters( 'doing_it_wrong_trigger_error', true ) ) {
    		if ( function_exists( '__' ) ) {
    			$version = is_null( $version ) ? '' : sprintf( __( '(This message was added in version %s.)' ), $version );
    			/* translators: %s: Codex URL */
    			$message .= ' ' . sprintf( __( 'Please see <a href="%s">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information.' ),
    				__( 'https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress' )
    			);
    			trigger_error( sprintf( __( '%1$s was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. %2$s %3$s' ), $function, $message, $version ) );
    		} else {
    			$version = is_null( $version ) ? '' : sprintf( '(This message was added in version %s.)', $version );
    			$message .= sprintf( ' Please see <a href="%s">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information.',
    				'https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress'
    			);
    			trigger_error( sprintf( '%1$s was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. %2$s %3$s', $function, $message, $version ) );
    		}
    	}

Is the function, line 3901 is : trigger_error( sprintf( __( ‘%1$s was called incorrectly. %2$s %3$s’ ), $function, $message, $version ) );

aqibnazir
    Participant

@aqibnazir

I have the same problem. I have a blog and most of my audience are beginners who want to create a blog and make some income out of it. I wanted to have a discussion forum where my audience could post their queries.That’s why I started using bbPress but I keep getting this error “cannot modify header information”.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Aqib

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar