Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot call WP functions inside BB, followed docs instructions…

• Hi folks,

I have WP and BB running off the same DB, integrating users etc as far as I can tell, and each working perfectly. But, following the instructions on the docs page on how to integrate WP functions so they can be called in BB, I get errors.

I put the require_once('www.mywebsite.com/wp-blog-header.php'); at the top of the BB config.php, in the hope that the WP functions would be discovered, but each time I try to add, say, a line to front-page.php like get_header or get_footer, to visually sandwich BB inside my WP header/footer, I get an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_header() in /home/csleary/public_html/forum/my-templates/lemodie/front-page.php on line 1

I’m very much a novice with all this, so I’m just following instructions at the moment hoping things will work. But as far as I can tell I’ve done everything correctly – please may someone offer some ideas as to what’s going wrong? While searching other integration threads, I came across one that said to make sure WP was loaded first, so BB could then load the functions, but I don’t know how to ensure this. BB is currently in siteroot/forum, and wordpress is in the root dir itself.

Any help would be fantastic, thanks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar