Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can wordpress searcher search bbpress?

• Is there any plugin or anyway that allows wordpress searcher search bbpress topics?

I saw CK super-search plugin but it seems it is only for bbpress :(

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I actually realized that I have a problem when using wordpress searcher after deep integration because it doesn’t work if you are browsing bbpress.

I have wp searcher in the wp header and I load this header into bbpress. Whenever you try to search while being in bbpress yo get a 404 error because the link of the search is this one;

/wordpress/bbpress/index.php?s=lorem

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There is another search plugin for bbPress that appends a WordPress search to the bbPress search.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/wp-search/

I will eventually add wordpress searching to super-search, I just ran out of time/interest.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Using deep integration, if you load the WordPress search box into the header of bbPress, you can still search WordPress alone if you use something like

<form id="searchform" method="get" action="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>">

This way the search form is using the WordPress root directory as it’s destination rather than trying to redirect to a bbPress file.

As far as a unified search solution, the problem there really then becomes which engine do you use to display the results, WP or BBP? Either way it requires a plug-in on that relative side of the equation. It’s certainly possible, but you’re only making 50% of your audience happy at that point, because the other 50% will want it the other way.

Thanks for the code John :) Half the results but it actually could solve the 404 problem.

However, adding a get_settings(‘home’) to the search form makes this search;

/wordpress/wordpress/bbpress/?s=

I had in mind that perhaps anybody developed a wordpress plugin that could search both, wp and bb and then display the results, first all the wp entries and next all the bb entries.

Or maybe a conditional in the wp template where I placed wp searcher; first the wp searcher with anything similar to John’s get_settings(‘home’) and then a conditional; if this is bbpress then use bbpress searcher and append the results. I already have a function to create bb conditionals in wp;

function is_bbpress() {
    global $bb;
    return $bb ? true : false;
    }

There is another search plugin for bbPress that appends a WordPress search to the bbPress search.

I wanted all the contrary :) a wp plugin that appends bb results at the end of the search.

BTW, after finding the searcher issue I realized that 404 templates need integration too.

Well I implemented my silly workaround with the conditional in the header and it works;

if this is_bbress -> bbpress search form

else -> wp search form

you get results only for the forum inf you are browsing bbpress and only for wordpress if you are in wp.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar