Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

can a user login and be taken straight to the forum?

• neiluk
    Participant

@neiluk

Hi, I’ve installed bbpress and created my forum, and I am able to create topics and post without any problems

Now the not so good part – and I know it’s something I am missing….

I tried experimenting and created a user, and assigned them – site role ‘no role for this site’, and forum role ‘participant’.

the problem is that when they enter the login details, and click login, it displays the ‘You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page’. error message, (but if I then enter the url for the forum they have indeed logged in successfully.)

what I am trying to achieve is that users can access the forum only and not my site’s dashboard.

If I change the site role for this user to ‘contributor’ then there are no errors when they try to login, and the user is taken straight to the site dashboard instead of the forum, which is not what I am wanting.

I apologise my crudeness in explaining this as I am new to wordpress.

any help will be much appreciated!

thanks
    Neil

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

where are they logging in? are you using the bbpress login wideget or going via WP-admin If using wp-admin, then take this away from them….

I use bbpress WP tweaks, this creates a forum specific sidebar.

Into this you can drop the BBpress login widget, which means that when they go to your forum page, they then get to login using the widget and remain on that page.

Like you I then give them “no role for this site”, and “participant” for the forum.

I also untick the “show toolbar when viewing site” , so that they don’t see anything wordpress-ish, just my theme. They can amend passwords and profiles through the forum, so don’t need it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar