Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buttons, HTML Content in posts

• Adam

@adam_wordpress

So on my localhost site all the moderator buttons like merge, split, close and all that work fine. on my live site they do not work…at all….Ideas?

Where can I change what html tags you are allowed to use. because for admins it said “you can use unrestricted html how ever the only html tag that works for me is em tag.

another thing that doesn’t work is the paragraph formatting…you see this post as paragraphs, how ever on my live site you would see it as one large paragraph.

Can some one give me ideas to fix these issues?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Sounds like you have a conflicting plugin or theme. Any more details about your install that you can provide?

Adam

@adam_wordpress

Hmm lets see:

– we can rule out theme (for all but this paragraph and code issue, code being what tags can be used in the forum). I never though to check plugin in relation to the moderation buttons. I fear it may be the buddypress moderation plugin. tests will be done >_> (which they should have been)

-The install is on a multi site activated on one site instead of a network activate.

Where are the html tags located in the .php files that i can add or remove tags to? these tags don’t work on local host or live….unfortently. except for em….

also paragraph formatting doesn’t work on localhost or live.

Localhost has two plugins but only one is activated, bbpress. the other is buddypress 1.5 rc1 and its deactivated.

any other ideas or suggestions?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

None. Can you try posting something over at testbp.org with the HTML you are using? If you make a topic, I will post to it to, and we can test it together on a vanilla installation.

I can confirm that as an admin, I am able to post any HTML I want to as expected.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

thats what I have as well. Is “post any html” lets test this jazz.

My login information which works here does not work there…..>_> I thought this login stuff was global across buddypress, wordpress (which it doesnt work there either) and here?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

testbp.org is a standalone installation not connected to anything. We use it to test BuddyPress, WordPress, and bbPress together in a typical hosting environment.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

I just posted there at: http://testbp.org/discussion/topic/testing-9/#post-2780 and everything works.

So We can officially say that the plugins I am using are causing the edit, delete, mod keys to not work. How ever on local host all I have is the bbpress installation going. I integrated it with my theme following your steps in your sticky. So I can’t tell if its a theme issue or not. How ever could a theme cause the whole paragraph thing and html tags to epically fail?

so can we explain why the paragraph and html tags dont work?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’m afraid there’s no way for me to know what modifications you’ve made that might case this. Are the paragraph tags missing completely, or is the CSS forcing them to not have any margin?

Adam

@adam_wordpress

The only modifications I made was following your instructions in terms of copying everything from the bbpress default theme over to the WordPress theme folder. Then all I was editing was the css…

Where in the css would be the paragraph tags for users reply box?

Also the HTML Tags that users can use don’t function either >_>

Adam

@adam_wordpress

Sorry for the bumping, i can no longer edit my previous post. you should really set the time to like 9999 or something to allow for infinite editing.

Any ways:

The following: http://blackandwhite.web44.net/labs/topic/this-is-a-test-post/

if my site (I activated it so you can take a look and maybe poke around the css…Or at least get a better understanding of what I am talking about)

So how did I get here?

I followed:https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility step number 3 bullet 2. To a “T” what did you change? Nothing, well thats a lie, I removed side bar and the h1 title tag for the forum or topic you are in.

I then boiled it down to a theme issue. Something in my current theme is prevening the b tag, paragraphs and the blockquote tag from working.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

dreamhostpromo

@dreamhostpromo

Dreamhost is wellknown webhosting providerer in the world and its aim is to provide maximam webhosting service in the world. If you want to save money in host your website in dreamhost than i have some dreamhost discount coupon code it is known as dreamhost promo code. This code is give diffirent kind of discount to atrect new customers. This coupon code is only for new customers of dreamhost.Dreamhost is also gave 14 days free trile for new customers.

dreamhostpromo

@dreamhostpromo

you can get dreamhost coupon on this website Dreamhost http://dreamhostpromocoupon.com/coupon.html

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar