Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug? Profile pages show info for whoever is logged in

• I just installed a new bbPress 1.0.2 install on a web site, and successfully integrated it into an existing WordPress site.

I found a bug: whenever going to someone’s profile page (/forum/profile/1), it’s showing the login name, nickname, and ‘member since’ date for whoever happens to be logged in at the time. It should be showing the info for the person whose page I’m visiting.

The User Activity section shows activity for the correct person (and the navigation menu is also correct), but those other bits are wrong.

This is also messing my ability up to edit someone’s profile when logged in as the admin: it’s showing my own admin account’s info instead of theirs, and even is showing their role as Key Master.

If nobody is logged in, then the page works correctly.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this just me?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like something is messed up with the integration or the theme. What theme are you using?

I have a 1.0.2 installation where this is working perfectly.

It’s an adjusted version of the Kakumei theme that links to my wordpress install’s stylesheet, menu, and header artwork, and a few graphical tweaks.

Your hunch was right, it was a template problem. I was using the variable $user in my header.php to refer to the person currently logged in (for my custom user menu). Little did I know that this variable is also used by the profile page to store the person you’re looking at. So I was unintentionally overriding it with my custom code.

Fixed!

PS: global variables are the spawn of Satan. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar