Bozo and Akismet info + simple moderation plugin idea
I’m trying to understand the bozo plugin and how it interacts with akismet. Looking through the code I can get a pretty good idea, but I’m worried I’ll miss some subtlety. Is there a decent English (as opposed to PHP) description of the goals/operation of either or both of these plugins anywhere?
One specific question: the bozo plugin’s “bb_bozon” function that flips the bozo bit for a user also takes a topic_id argument. It looks like the intention here is to have per-topic bozos. Akismet doesn’t seem to use this feature though. Am I reading this right, or is it for something else?
The context for this is that I want to allow a certain class of moderator-like users on our forum to mark posts as spam. When they do so the following will happen:
- the poster will be marked as bozo (using bb_bozon)
– all topics by that poster will get topic_status=2 (using bb_topic_delete)
– all remaining posts by that poster will get post_status=2 (using bb_post_delete)
– admin will get a notification
Admin will then have an option to reverse all of this. Sound reasonable?
Finally, if there is a plugin that already does something very similar, I’d love to hear about it. I have looked, but while there are some cool plugins out there they either do more than I need, or don’t have exactly the right functionality.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.