Both private and public part in one forum
Hi everybody 🙂
And first of all:
– Sorry for my English mistakes :/
– Sorry if I post in the wrong forum(?)
– Sorry if this question was already asked: I looked for an answer for 2 days and I can’t find anything which suits exactly to my problem :'(
I am trying to create a very simple forum for this website: http://www.zykoson.com/site
I am using the latest versions of WordPress, BBpress, BuddyPress etc.
I’ve read all the documentation, lots of topics but I still don’t know how to have:
– One “public” part: everybody is able to see the forums and topics, but people have to be registered to post something.
– One “private” part:only registered members belonging to a special group are able to see and post in this part. I would like to manually add these users to the group, after they create their profile.
Really, I think I am stupid because I CAN’T get there. I’ve tried everything: private forums, public ones, creating multiples groups with Buddypress. But no way. There is always a problem (and even if I get something correct, there is still a problem such as the breadcrumb which doesn’t display correctly)!
Please I need help before snatching all my hair, I’m on the verge of abandoning everything T_T
Thank you very much in advance and sorry for this so simple question
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.