Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Block users from posting links

• maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

Hi, I would like to be able to block all users except admin to posts links url in a topic, a posts or even a reply. I’ve tryed this, the only one that I found: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-to-prevent-users-from-posting-url-links/

remove_filter( ‘bbp_get_reply_content’, ‘bbp_make_clickable’, 4 );
    remove_filter( ‘bbp_get_topic_content’, ‘bbp_make_clickable’, 4 );

and this doesn’t seem to work when I add thoses lines in my functions php theme.

Anybody have an idea on how to make this works?

Thanks you
    Maxime

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

Anybody have an answer to this?

maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

I finally got it too work! Is there a way to make admins be able to make working links? Or it has to be nobody/everyone? Hope you guys can answer.

Thanks you

Robin W

@robin-w

untested, but this should make the filter only removed if they are not a keymaster

if ( !bbp_is_user_keymaster()) {
    	remove_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'bbp_make_clickable', 4 );
    	remove_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_content', 'bbp_make_clickable', 4 );
    }

maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

Did not work sadly.

Any other idea?

Robin W

@robin-w

did not work

can you specify? any? all? admins?

maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

no one can post links, wich is good, but the code : !bbp_is_user_keymaster, did not let keymaster be able to do so.

oh and by the way, bbpress links still works on my forum wich is normal I suppose?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, try

$user_id = wp_get_current_user()->ID;
    if ( !bbp_is_user_keymaster($user_id )) {
    	remove_filter( 'bbp_get_reply_content', 'bbp_make_clickable', 4 );
    	remove_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_content', 'bbp_make_clickable', 4 );
    }

Robin W

@robin-w

oh and by the way, bbpress links still works on my forum wich is normal I suppose?

can you explain what you mean by that ?

maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

Thanks again Robin, i’ve tryed this but is doesnt work either: $user_id = wp_get_current_user()->ID;

I think the problem is that website that doesn’t use the www. doesnt get blocked and still can be clickable.Exeple: bbpress.org is clickable. but http://www.google.ca isn’t. etc.

Robin W

@robin-w

now confused – you seem to be stating issues with both admin access and www. vs non www

can you state clearly what is and isn’t working

maximemoisan
    Participant

@maximemoisan

Alright, when I block links with: remove_filter( ‘bbp_get_reply_content’, ‘bbp_make_clickable’, 4 );remove_filter( ‘bbp_get_topic_content’, ‘bbp_make_clickable’, 4 );

it seems to work BUT admins can’t post links either even with the code you have sent me.

Secondly, the links doesn’t work wich is good BUT site that doesn’t provide a “www” can still be clickable so when someone type:” https://bbpress.org ” this link is clickable and both admins and user can do that, and if you type: “www.google.ca” then both admins and user can do that and it WONT be clickable.

I would like the admins to be able to send link, AND be able to block non www links too.

Thanks you.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar