Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank Screen since WP 4.7 (also in 4.7.1)

• ulrich.stettler
    Participant

@ulrichstettler

Hi

I’ve a blank screen if I try to open the forum pages [http://nccr-planets.ch/forum/planets-forum/], this are since I’ve update to version 4.7 from WP. I’ve try to deactivate all other plugins, but it still not works. And also change to another themes give me the same result. The only possible reason I could make are a downgrade from the WP (I’ve test this on my test system and he works). What can I do that the forum displayed on the current WP version?

Thanks for help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

4.7/4.7.1 and bbpress 2.5.12 work

If you have these then :

1. what php version are you running?

your host provider can answer this

or you can install

https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-php-version/

If it’s php7 then come back

otherwise

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

ulrich.stettler
    Participant

@ulrichstettler

Hi Robin

Sorry for my late answer. I’ve test it with php version 7.0 and now I’ve also a blank screen with the following message (when I activate the wordpress debug):

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php:1848 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): bbp_pre_get_posts_normalize_forum_visibility(Object(WP_Query)) #1 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(1681): do_action_ref_array(‘pre_get_posts’, Array) #4 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php(3238): WP_Query->get_posts() #5 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp.php(617): WP_Query->query(Array) #6 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/class-wp.php(735): WP->query_posts() #7 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-includes/functions.php(955): WP->main(”) #8 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp() #9 /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/index.php(17): requi in /var/www/html/NCCR-PlanetS/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php on line 1848

Thanks, Ulrich

ulrich.stettler
    Participant

@ulrichstettler

Hi Robin

Today I’ve simply reinstall (deactivate & delete before, and then install) and now it works. I’ve no idea why, but now is fixed.

Thanks, Ulrich

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey great – glad you are fixed

It always amazes how many times a simple ‘off and on again’ works !!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar