Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank Forum Index

• IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

Hi all!

I’ve just completed setting up my forums using the shortcode method (implementing shortcode of forum index on a page). I did this because whenever I tried to access the forum index, I would get a blank page.
    Now that I’m finished the development of the forum, I want to use the original index.

At the moment, thegamingrpt.com/forums works fine thanks to the shortcode. However, thegamingrpt.com/tgrforums only loads a blank page. I used the ‘tgrforums’ root so that I could implement the shortcode on a page called ‘Forums’.

Basically, I want the original back because my breadcrumb is showing the original forum root and because my theme has a dedicated sidebar to bbPress.

Hope all this makes sense.
    Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

Bump? Sorry if that’s not allowed, I really need to get this up and running ASAP.

IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

I’ve searched several forums and still cannot find anything.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry Christmas time where I am, so support is thin !

This will probably be a theme or plugin issue, so we need to work out which

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

then come back with the results

IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

Thanks a lot! I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of this.

Apparently it’s my SEO plugin, All in One SEO Pack. Now this, along with the WP Survey And Quiz Tool, have to be disabled.

IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

I spoke to the author of the All in One SEO Pack and was told to delete and reinstall the plugin. Surprisingly, it worked even though I already had the latest version.

I’ll try the same with the quiz plugin.

IbrahimC
    Participant

@ibrahimc

Yep that did the trick. Thanks @RobinW for your help!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar