Categories
Search
Bottom

Best approach for having a multilingual bbpress forum in a multilingual site

• Scorpyons
    Participant

@scorpyons

Hi guys!

I see people complaining about translation compatibility plugins with bbPress. My question is: What is the best way on having a multilingual site, with multilingual forum?

Forums should operate separately. What is the best solution to have the Forum working separately in a multilingual site?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I think multisite would be the best option in my opinion. Let the specific language users go to their own specific language forums. No automatic translation for the forums, just let specific language users create their content like normal. I think that is how wordpress.org does it, but I am not entirely sure??

Scorpyons
    Participant

@scorpyons

Yeah, good point. But I wanted that all users around the globe had the opportunity to contact each other, since my site is also about building a community. If they have their own site, people will not be able to connect each other around the world.

Thanks for your response. Waiting for more suggestions about this topic.

Robkk

@robkk

I get what you are saying, but in some plugins that do this they automatically translate a users posts, which not be the right translation all the time. Some other plugins allow you to write a translation for each post, which I have no idea how you are going to do that for each users post in the forums.

Multilingual plugins are best for blog posts and pages in my opinion, while creating location specific forums or each language on a site in multisite might be better for forums.

If you do find a cool configuration to work with multilingual plugins then please share with the community.

french5000
    Participant

@french5000

Hello,

Have you find a solution ? BBpress-multilingual is not working anymore, and i’m desperately searching for a solution to display the same forums for each language…

Robkk

@robkk

I have seen users use Qtranlate or Qtranslate Plus. You may need to use a fix though for resolve some other menu item issue.

Conflict with qTranslate

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar