Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bcc field displays in emails

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

amckinnell
    Participant

@amckinnell

Hi Rob, thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but I didn’t receive any email notifications at all when it was activated.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Isn’t the “B” in bcc supposed to stand for blind? I don’t understand why the email addresses are visible. Thanks.

Anne.

Robkk

@robkk

well that plugin should send them without bcc and send it more efficiently through the wp-cron.

what is your whole setup like

what is your host?
    mysql version ?
    php version
    wp version ?
    do you use an exteranl service to handle email?
    any plugins that affect the email process?
    what email service are you using> maybe see if the issue persists in another email service.

amckinnell
    Participant

@amckinnell

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your help. Here are the answers to your questions, as best I can!

what is your host? Siteground

mysql version ? Database client version: libmysql – 5.0.96 (Is this is right answer?)

php version ? 5.4 (it wouldn’t load properly when I tried to update to 5.5)

wp version ? live site is 4.1.5 – test site is 4.2.2 – it happens in both places

do you use an exteranl service to handle email? not to handle these emails. Only mailchimp for my newsletters and stuff. I do have wpMandrill installed, but it is deactivated since it didn’t work quite right for me and I haven’t had a chance to get back to it.

any plugins that affect the email process? I have autochimp to update my newsletter list automatically when new members sign up

what email service are you using> maybe see if the issue persists in another email service. – I’m not even sure how I would go about setting up another email service. Hmmm…

I am also using buddypress and s2member and a bunch of other plugins, but those are the biggies.

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it since I am over my head on this one.

Anne.

Robkk

@robkk

I’m not even sure how I would go about setting up another email service. Hmmm…

i mean like does the issue show up in gmail?? why not try in ymail or outlook to see if the emails are just buggy in one place.

thats probably not it but you can try…

if you havent already you might need to deactivate all plugins but bbPress in your test site.

and hopefully see if that fixes anything.

Before Posting

other than that contact siteground support if you didnt already and see if they know anything.

you can lead them to the topic you posted in this topic and also the links @jjj posted in his reply to that topic and maybe they can find something in your host setup.

amckinnell
    Participant

@amckinnell

Hi Rob,

i mean like does the issue show up in gmail?? why not try in ymail or outlook to see if the emails are just buggy in one place.

Oh! I understand your question now (I thought you meant for sending the mail, which I think wordpress does). No, all my users can see it, so it’s happening in all email providers.

if you havent already you might need to deactivate all plugins but bbPress in your test site.and hopefully see if that fixes anything.

Okay. I’ll give that a shot. I think I tested that before, but I’m not sure now. I’ll try contacting siteground support about it again as well.

Thanks for your help.

Anne.

Tina
    Participant

@sunflowermom

It’s 5 and a half years later and I just started using bbpress and I just noticed this same issue. Does this mean that they have never fixed this??

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar