Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress won´t install

• Hi everyone!

I´m sorry in advance if something stays confusing-english is not my mother tongue, but I´ll do my best.

I have a problem that seems to be quite common, but I can´t find a solution. My tecnical skills aren´t too good, but I´ve been reading through different posts almost all day long and nothing I´ve tried helps. I have downloaded bbpress, put it in a forum folder, checked the db name,user ect a hundred times but still nothing. When I go to the link where my forum should be this is what I get:

Page not found!

I’m sorry, but there is nothing at this URL.

Forums is proudly powered by bbPress.

So I can´t even see the installation page. I thought that maybe it has something to do with my theme(it didn´t work very well with buddypress). I tried to change the theme, but the problem stayed the same. Also I use the same database both for wp and bbpress. All other pages, beside forum, work just fine.

I am very, very thankful for any help you can give me.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • do you see a bb-config.php file in your forum folder, or only a bb-config-sample.php file?

I don’t know if you can use the same database. Perhaps if you only use bbpress as a plugin and not standalone.

Do you have an .htaccess file?

do you see a bb-config.php file in your forum folder, or only a bb-config-sample.php file?

I don’t know if you can use the same database. Perhaps if you only use bbpress as a plugin and not standalone.

Do you have an .htaccess file?

At the moment I only have the sample file(i reuploaded all files, hoping it would make a difference). If i manually changed the config file I got a message:could not establish a database connection. I did try creating another database for bbpress but it didn´t help. I have a .htaccess file in the root folder where the wp files and forum folder are. If I should also have it in the forum folder, then there I couldn´t find it.

At the moment I only have the sample file(i reuploaded all files, hoping it would make a difference). If i manually changed the config file I got a message:could not establish a database connection. I did try creating another database for bbpress but it didn´t help. I have a .htaccess file in the root folder where the wp files and forum folder are. If I should also have it in the forum folder, then there I couldn´t find it.

Did you try going to the URL like this: /forum/index.php to see if that worked?

Did you try going to the URL like this: /forum/index.php to see if that worked?

And if that doesn’t work… this guy here renamed his index.php to default.php to get it to run.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installation-completebutforum-page-not-found

And if that doesn’t work… this guy here renamed his index.php to default.php to get it to run.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/installation-completebutforum-page-not-found

Adding index.php to the URL didn´t do anything. Changing index to default..well now I see a list of all the files that I have under that folder:S

Adding index.php to the URL didn´t do anything. Changing index to default..well now I see a list of all the files that I have under that folder:S

Try going to this URL: /forum/bb-admin/install.php

Try going to this URL: /forum/bb-admin/install.php

I tried the link and also tried to open the file from the list and this is the result:

Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?

How can it be installed if I haven´t even seen the installation page.

I tried the link and also tried to open the file from the list and this is the result:

Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?

How can it be installed if I haven´t even seen the installation page.

Oh gosh! I have no idea… but if you can get into PHPMyAdmin then this thread might have helpful info: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/forum-could-not-be-created#post-19836

which basically says to insert info into the first table which will create the first thread and get everything started going the way it should.

Oh gosh! I have no idea… but if you can get into PHPMyAdmin then this thread might have helpful info: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/forum-could-not-be-created#post-19836

which basically says to insert info into the first table which will create the first thread and get everything started going the way it should.

When I went to phpMyAdmin there is a tabele with id 1 called Default forum. I also had another row which i deleted..it came from a topic i made with buddypress. I tried adding a new row but it did nothing. And when I opened the forum file from the list that i saw when changing index to default I could also see that topic but the layout of the page was wierd.

When I went to phpMyAdmin there is a tabele with id 1 called Default forum. I also had another row which i deleted..it came from a topic i made with buddypress. I tried adding a new row but it did nothing. And when I opened the forum file from the list that i saw when changing index to default I could also see that topic but the layout of the page was wierd.

As it appears now..it probably was theme related. I deleted both my theme and bbpress files and tried reinstalling with another theme. Now I get the installation page..hope everything else goes well.

Thank you Fartlek for your replies.

As it appears now..it probably was theme related. I deleted both my theme and bbpress files and tried reinstalling with another theme. Now I get the installation page..hope everything else goes well.

Thank you Fartlek for your replies.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar