Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress tweaks – questions

• tkse
    Participant

@tkse

I’ve been going through Layout and Functionality today, trying to fix some issue I’m currently experiencing with my bbPress forum. There are some things I can’t quite figure out:

1) Are Private forums visible to all logged in users? I thought for sure it restricted access to only moderators and keymasters, but when I did some testing I noticed they’re very much visible. I didn’t see anything about it in the Layout and Funcionality article, so any tips on having a truly private forum for me and my forum staff?

2) I wanted to prevent users changing their display name, so they would be forced to display themselves as whatever their username is, however, when editing form-user-edit.php they still had access to do so in the WP-Admin. Following the steps in Restricting access to WP Admin did nothing. The WP Admin Bar was still visible, and Participants or lower still have access to it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

1) Are Private forums visible to all logged in users? I thought for sure it restricted access to only moderators and keymasters, but when I did some testing I noticed they’re very much visible. I didn’t see anything about it in the Layout and Funcionality article, so any tips on having a truly private forum for me and my forum staff?

Hidden Forums are only seen by Mods and Keymasters. Layout and Functionality article is basically a code snippet collection not something explaining how bbPress works.

The information you need to know are somewhat in here.

Creating Content

2) I wanted to prevent users changing their display name, so they would be forced to display themselves as whatever their username is, however, when editing form-user-edit.php they still had access to do so in the WP-Admin. Following the steps in Restricting access to WP Admin did nothing. The WP Admin Bar was still visible, and Participants or lower still have access to it.

Deny Ability To Change Display Name

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar