Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress redundant H1 tag

• Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

Hello,

On this page on my site. I can see that bbpress insert/edict link form is causing my site to have redundant H1 tags. This is bad for my Bing SEO as it’s showing up as something I need to fix. So I have 2 H1 tags. One is the tittle of the page and the other one is coming from the link insert/edict form on my site “front end source cod” that’s a feature created by bbpress.

Please can that insert/edict form have H3 tag please ? is there a way to course the form to have a H3 tag and not a H1 tag??

Secondly the form edict menu does not function properly. The form link and other menus does not show or work on the “reply box” on the front end even if I’m accessing the site as an admin! Also the “create a new topic form” the insert/edict link form doesn’t show up on a pop up but instead shows up on my footer. I’m using both the latest version of bbpress and wordpress.

I will really like to fix this issues. thanks for any help or advice that would be provided for this issue!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

sorry your site is blocked as a trojan by my security.

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@robin-w thank you for the information! This is serious as I don’t have any malware notices by Google search console! can you please tell me the ” your security name” so I can ask my site’s security company to look into that and fix it! please!

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@robin-w while I have messaged my site security company and waiting on a response from them! I did a malware scan of my domain using Sucuri;

The site seems clean! You can use Sucuri to check! Also my Google search console and Bing webmaster does not show any malwares! I will still appreciate if you can tell me the name of the your security so I can my site Security company look into that. It could be a false flag.

Pending that, could you please help me with a code snippet to change the H1 tag in the the insert/edict link form (that pops up when someone wants to insert a link on BBpress). How can I change the H1 tag there to H3 tag??? Please I’ll appreciate a code snippet that can do this pleaseee!

Robin W

@robin-w

bypassed and went to the site – the link is just a webpage – no sign of bbpress on here.

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@robin-w it’s a false flag because my security company confirms that everything is clean. I will have them take a second look with the name of you guard.

Yeah it’s a webpage. the insert/edict form isn’t visible if you just view the webpage. Look at the “source code” of the webpage.

It’s literally the wp-editor insert/edict loading on the source code. What I really want is ti change the H1 tag to a H3 tag.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry only so much time I can give to this.

I can see one form on the sitelink and that is mailchimp.

I have no idea what an ‘insert/edit form’ form is.

It may well be that you have to be logged in to see it – I don’t know.

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@robin-w Oh thank you!

you don’t see any source code like this for a form that looks like this.??

Robin W

@robin-w

The page is 1500 lines.

but still no idea what your image has to do with bbpress????

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s a wordpress element

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@robin-w exactly it’s a WordPress element that’s only suppose to load on the backend! I use bbpress plugin and what BBpress does is that it causes this element to load on the front end! so that people who want to post a new topic or reply to an existing one can edict their texts and insert links. For example right now if you are tying something on bbpress and try to make word a link, you tap on the link in the editor menu and you will see “that wordpress element” pop out.

I use Bbpress plugin and that elment shows up visibly when users want to link a text as well!
    BBpress causes that backend “wordpress element” to show up on the front end.

The thing is even when the “wordpress element” is not visibly seen i.e when a user is trying to edict a link when typing a new Topic on the Forum. “The wordpress element” can still be seen hidden in “the source code” of the page and other pages even when not visibility seen. This doesn’t disrupt the user experience but here is the reason why I have a problem with this;

SEO

The “wordpress element” has a H1 tag. when it’s loading in the front end. My pages has it’s H1 tittle which I put there. So the H1 tag tittle tag on my page and the H1 tag on that “wordpress element” on the source code makes for redundant (2) H1 tags on my site page.

Apparently search engines like Bing has a big issue with redundant H1 tags and shows it in my Bing webmaster report as a critical SEO error that need to be fixed. while search engines like Google have no problem with this.

Is there a way that when BBpress pulls that “wordpress element” (that by default loads only at the backend) to the front end, it changes the tag on that “wordpress element” to a H3 tag??

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks,

Is it just this page, and if so, is that elements the only place on that page it is happening?

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

No, it’s not happening on only this page! It’s happening on all posts pages. Yes! that element is the only place where it’s happening on the pages.

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

I feel if the H1 tag in “the element” can be changed to H3 tag that should solve the issue

Robin W

@robin-w

Doing anything involves finding out where and why this is happening.

If we find that, then we can look at possible causes and potential solutions.

I am yet to be convinced it is a bbpress issue at all. bbpress uses this element when a user inserts a link – that is true, but it is a generic piece of wordpress code. This is a bit like saying because Fred cuts his lawn, any lawn that is cut must have been cut by Fred.

I am not seeing this form on any pages in my test site.

The code is in some javascript in the footer, and could be loaded by anything, including a wordpress setting, theme or plugin.

so can you

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@Robin-w A developer helped to look into it and found that the H1 tag is generated by this wordpress function https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/_wp_editors/wp_link_dialog/

He also helped to temporarily edict the H1 tag to a H3 tag by editing the core files to temporarily solve the redundant H1 tag.

We texted the site without the core files edicts and on trouble shoot mood using the Troubleshoot plugin you recommended. Leaving only the Bbpress plugin and wordpress default theme enabled. I noticed that the new Topic form does not have an editing tool bar even when I “enabled” the editing formatting tool bar” on Bbpress settings.

When I proceeded to turn on 2 plugins in troubleshoot mode; Brizy page builder and Bbpress with the wordpress default theme. I placed the Bbpress “new Topic form short code” on a Gutenberg page on the site, then noticed the New Topic form still shows on the Gutenberg page but without the editor tool bar!

When the Bbpress short code is placed on a Brizy page, the Bbpress editor tool bar appears but doesn’t function properly. For example; the insert/edict link form does not appear as a “pop up” when I am trying to create a link on a post, instead the insert/edict link form appears on the footer.

I don’t know why this is happening. help!

Robin W

@robin-w

so is the ‘toolbar’ you are talking about the one you see here in this support forum, or another ?

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

Yes the one I can see on he support forum when I’m trying to type anything (it got; Bold, italics, link, Image etc)

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so without Brizy it all works fine – yes?

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

No, without Brizy, I don’t see a tool bar at all! with brizy I see a tool bar that is not functioning correctly.

Robin W

@robin-w

ooops, sorry, just remembered that this is a known error.

Ignoring Brizy (any remaining issues with Brizy you’ll need to get a developer to help with)

either install

bbp style pack

which has the fix for this built in

or use this code

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'rew_supports_js' );

function rew_supports_js() {
    	echo '<script>document.body.classList.remove("no-js");</script>';
    }

Put this in your child theme’s function file –

ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/functions.php

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

or use

Code Snippets

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@Robin-w thank you! it works! Please what’s the dynamic link. I can use to direct each and every user to their own BBpress profile?

Robin W

@robin-w

$user_id = get_current_user_id() ;
    $user_url    = bbp_get_user_profile_url( $user_id );

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@Robin-w how do I disable the user login form that shows when the user is not logged in? I use the bbpress style park is there a way to disable it from there??

Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>settings>forums> and disable anonymous posting

Vivian E
    Participant

@vivibosslink

@Robin-w I don’t think you understood my question. If someone is not logged and is looking through a forum topic there is a bbpress login form at the button. how do I remove or hide that?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar