Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress menu missing from the dashbaord

• heygirlmarketing
    Participant

@heygirlmarketing

I have installed BBpress forum and activated the plugin. It’s not showing up in the dashboard menu on the left.

I tried un-installing and re-installing and it did not work.
    I also tried deactivating all plugins except for BBpress and it still does not show up in the menu.
    I also tried switching twenty one theme and still not showing.

Any ideas? My client’s website needs to be launched and a forum is a huge part of his site.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Check the roles- does the user accessing have the ‘keymaster role’

dashboard>users>all users

heygirlmarketing
    Participant

@heygirlmarketing

Funny you mentioned that. After digging through previous issues I read it’s a key master issue. I was trying to clean up admins and I deleted a key master role. Unfortunately it was the only key master.

Is there a way that I can fix this? I need to assign myself as a keymaster. I’ll also add a backup keymaster to be safe.

Robin W

@robin-w

Install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes

and you will see the ability to add back keymaster.

Once done, you can deactivate and delete the style pack plugin, or you may find the other features useful

heygirlmarketing
    Participant

@heygirlmarketing

Awesome! That worked. Thanks so much. You saved my client’s website. 🙂

I also love the other features of the plug in.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !!

wilesmcd
    Participant

@wilesmcd

I am having the same problem. I have also installed BBpress forum and activated the plugin. It’s not showing up in the dashboard menu on the left. I am listed as a keymaster under User/Forum Roles. We do not have “keymaster” listed under Users as a role. Should I add it there as well?

Robin W

@robin-w

the keymaster role is further down the profile – it is an additional role to the wordpress one.

If you have keymaster set for you, then it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar