Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress is slow like godaddy says?

• currently i have bbpress hosted on godaddy but users complaint that the site is slow and when i go to godadday they say it is because of the coding of the site and so on. so is that true?

Viewing 8 replies - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

vannak, 10 seconds is very bad (the time is independent of where you access it from)

chrishajer, something’s not right there, Windows must think you don’t have access rights to write to the directory. Whatever Windows’s equal to chmod has to be done.

According to php.net the chmod in php actually does do something on some windows setups.

So try replacing this line, like so:

$file=dirname(__FILE__)."/test.txt"; $h=fopen($file, "wb"); fclose($h); chmod($file, 0777 );

Yes too bad and goodbye Godaddy, Candice, and Danica.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

_ck_

Sorry, that didn’t work. More errors this time. It’s making GoDaddy look worse and worse.

Warning: fopen(D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytesttest.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytestdefault.php on line 9

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytestdefault.php on line 9

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytestdefault.php on line 9

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytesttest.txt because Permission denied in D:Hosting123456htmlgodaddytestdefault.php on line 11

0.00039196014404297 seconds

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Well the creation errors aren’t exactly godaddy’s fault, it’s just something weird with windows I don’t completely know about since I hate IIS and won’t even test it.

Makes no sense that a php program can’t create a file. Something is wrong there.

Only intelligent thing I can find about it is here:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php#50601

Do you have some kind of security panel where you can give your account write permission to the /test/ directory?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I know, I rethought that after I posted it. I don’t understand Windows/IIS servers either, so it makes no sense to me. On Linux, there’s nothing funny about it at all. It just works. Make a directory, it works. You can write to it. It’s easy. This makes no sense.

I will check into write permissions for that folder. I don’t see why a file in that folder can’t write to the folder, but hey, I don’t know anything about Windows servers at all.

Is there a way to go ’round the problem, hardcoding something or creating the file manually first?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Maybe someone who uses GoDaddy hosting has a Linux account there and can test _ck_’s NFS Detector™?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I think vannak did that, and it’s 10 seconds:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-is-slow-like-godaddy-says/page/2#post-21978

What happens if you upload a random file and name it test.txt ?

Since it can’t modify the php file, I guess it won’t be able to modify the text.txt file either but maybe it’s only because the php file is open by the same process.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I tried creating that test.txt file first and it failed with the same problem. Looks like someone else got the information you needed anyway.

Viewing 8 replies - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar