Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress integration with ultimate member

• lylpowerpuffgirl
    Participant

@lylpowerpuffgirl

hey all,
    Could someone please help me integrate bbpress forums with ultimate member. Ultimate member is a perfect plugin for members but it does not have forums so I wanted to use bbpress’ forums! Is there anyone here who is familiar with this? How can I do that?

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if ultimate member had user groups, then you can use

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

to make the forums group specific

Robkk

@robkk

Ultimate member has a paid extension for integration between the two plugins.

https://ultimatemember.com/extensions/bbpress/

lylpowerpuffgirl
    Participant

@lylpowerpuffgirl

It looks like I have got no other choice but to purchase it! Thank you buckets for the help!

breakweather
    Participant

@breakweather

I’m having a conflict between Ultimate Member and bbpress, even with this extension purchased:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in (my site)/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

I have uninstalled all plugins until it came down to bbpress and Ultimate Member. It is also not the extension, as I disabled that and the error persists.

It appears on back-end pages:
    Ultimate Member: User Roles
    Ultimate Member: Member Directory
    bbpress tabs: Forums, Replies, Topics

Robin W

@robin-w

Since you have paid for integration, suggest you raise this with Ultimate Member as they are the ones charging you for it to work !

breakweather
    Participant

@breakweather

Hi there,

Actually, I had ultimate member installed and it was fine, then added bbpress and this issue came up. I added the extension hoping it would help, but without luck. In other words, the conflict exists whether or not the extension is installed.

Thanks,

Robin W

@robin-w

I’d still suggest you talk to ultimate member

mukut
    Participant

@mukut

Hi guys, maybe smth has changed. Observing a strange behavior that might be caused by UM & bbPress. In short, ppl registered on my website as anything but ADMIN (either through UM form or added manually through wp-admin) do not see “subscribe” to topic or thread option, whereas admins can see and subsriber.

Thie feature is very important to my business, as we provide financial analysis and need ppl to instantly learn about new updates – specifically the ones coming from threads they signed up.

I’v tried to turn off other plugins but the issues seems to come to user roles being somehow manipulated by either Ultimate Member or other plugin (less likely). We also use “learndash” LMS, but not sure if it’s relevant.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar