Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress Dashboard disappear (only)

• jeteran
    Participant

@jeteran

Hello everybody.

I’m very happy with BBPress, it really does the job.

I was going to add other forums in my site and suddenly I saw that the buttons disappear from my main Dashboard (only the bbPress ones: forums, topics, etc)

What happened? I don’t know when this started happening.

Something curious is that, between the second and third group (where the bbPress buttons should be), the separation line appears double.

Thanks so much for your support.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Vanilla_Bing
    Participant

@vanilla_bing

Funny that. We got the same double-separation and missing menu on our end, but its the latest of our mysterious problems preventing rendering the forums on our website at all. (They used to work fine, but they first stopped showing on the site, then the menu too.) Disabling other plugins doesn’t fix this, apparently.

jeteran
    Participant

@jeteran

Hey thanks for your response.

Yes I have being trying disabling other plugins and still doesn’t work.

I don’t know if reinstall it should work. Let’s wait for someone that had this issue to help us.

Have a great week.

capsx
    Participant

@capsx

the same here – Forum menu is disappeared …

Vanilla_Bing
    Participant

@vanilla_bing

Well, I managed to get the Dashboard item back up via the first 5 bullet points of
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/missing-forums-directory/ .

But we’re still unable to render the actual forums anymore, e.g. from the forums’ “View” links, or /forums/forum. Just blank white pages, maybe the occasional 404. For that, we tried just moving to Mingle forum, but it doesn’t have subcategories (or even let you move forums between categories), so that’s a no-go. So, we’re still interested in fixing bbPress’s other issues…

capsx
    Participant

@capsx

In the “Dashboard” i can see the “Forum dashboard”
    But when i go to “/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=forum” i got “Cheatin’ uh?” …

jeteran
    Participant

@jeteran

Hello everybody.

Have you had the chance to fix this issue? I still haven’t.

Any suggestion will be awesome.

Keep having a good one.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

jeteran
    Participant

@jeteran

Thanks for that Lynq.

THis is the solution:

“Tools” -> “Forums” -> “Remap existing users to default forum roles”

ACEkin
    Participant

@acekin

If a momentary outage of the forum is acceptable, disabling and then enabling bbPress also seems to fix the problem. I have also created a shortcut to each of the submenu items under Forums/Topic/Replies block. Next time I have this outage, I will try the direct shortcuts and see if that may be a workaround.

I am curious, does the solution “Remap existing users to default forum roles” change any of the users’ roles to “default” from whatever they might be set at?

ACEkin
    Participant

@acekin

That shortcut access to the missing Forums components did not work. I had do disable and enable bbPress to bring back the forums dashboard block. I hope there is a permanant fix for this soon. I am using Genesis-Platinum child theme.

Did you try repairing the roles via “Tools” -> “Forums” -> “Remap existing users to default forum roles”?

That usually works and is a fix that sticks.

ACEkin
    Participant

@acekin

Will it remap the existing roles “properly” and not revert everyone to whatever he default roles is? If latter, then I have to go and change some manually. If I knew how this would work I would have tried it sooner.

I put a check mark in the box “Automatically give registered visitors the forum role” under Forum User Settings last night. As soon as I clicked Save the Forums/Topics/Replies came back. This morning they are still visible, I am not sure if that was a fix or not.

crzyhrse
    Participant

@crzyhrse

In case someone else comes this way with a similar issue, as I did, I want to add to this thread… I used the “Tools” -> “Forums” -> “Remap existing users to default forum roles” for a different issue as recommended by a moderator elsewhere in this forum…

What that did was take away the Keymaster role from the primary Admin user, I.E., me… The Administrator role that is set up on the original install in other words… This also removed all trace of bbPress from the Dashboard… I did all the usual, caches, de/reactivate, check some possible plugin conflicts, different browsers, etc… I even changed the version number of bbBress in my contents>Plugins folder so I force a reinstall… Nothing fixed it…

What I was finally able to do, because I luckily had a different Admin set up for someone else, was log out and in via that admin user, and add the keymaster role back to my main admin account…

I would not recommend the use of that option, and I find myself more that a little wary of all the form tool options now…

Kind regards…

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar