Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress menus not showing up in Dashboard…

• Jim R
    Participant

@jim-r

After installation there aren’t any menus in the Dashboard dealing with Boards, Topics and Replies. I tried deactivating all other plugins, and I don’t have any plugins affect the Dashboard other than adding their own items to it.

I had bbPress installed earlier but hadn’t done much with it. At that point the menu items were showing. Upon reinstalling the newest version of bbPress, the menus are gone.

FYI…I also had a lot of issues logging in to post this.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• nkatz
    Participant

@nkatz

This is exactly what I came here to ask about…but it appears that these forums aren’t monitored very frequently. I installed bbPress and I have the ‘Forums’ entry added to my WordPress Settings but, just as for Jim, there’s no Boards, Topics or Replies section anywhere in the Dashboard.

Wordpress 3.5.1
    bbPress 2.3.2

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

I had the same problem, go to tools > forums > Remap existing users to default forum roles (I think that is the right one to do).

One of those recount/remap tools did the trick for me, good luck.

nkatz
    Participant

@nkatz

WHOAH!! And there they are – thanks. Drinks are on me 🙂

nkatz
    Participant

@nkatz

Of course, while I can now administer the forums – creating forums, parenting them and generally setting things up – I find that when I try to post a topic in one of the forums that I, myself, created I’m told, “ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.”

And I haven’t yet located the setting I can change for that. I am a site administrator…but I can’t create a topic in the Forum that I set up. Weird.

capsx
    Participant

@capsx

thx Lynq
    “Tools” -> “Forums” -> “Remap existing users to default forum roles”
    helped 🙂

sopedro
    Participant

@sopedro

If you have yoast SEO installed, try to dehactivate it and activate again.

jpospina
    Participant

@jpospina

@sopedro This worked for me, thanks so much!

freestyle22
    Participant

@freestyle22

I am having the same issue, forums aren’t allowing me to edit, add or delete on the front end logged in as admin/keymaster. I tried locating ‘forums’ on the back end dashboard but I cannot locate it although groups is displayed on the dashboard menu. I tried going to tools but forums isn’t on that menu either! Can someone tell me how to access the forums to edit, add and delete (there is still some demo data I’d like to delete for customization)

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar