Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress conflict with BuddyPress

• billhood
    Participant

@billhood

I followed the advice under: Using bbPress Forums with BuddyPress Group Forums

It is possible and quite powerful to use both bbPress sitewide forums as well as BuddyPress Group Forums. A few caveats apply in order to ensure an easy setup:

1. After installing and activating bbPress, please go to your admin dashboard under “Pages/All Pages” and find any page using the slug of “forums”.

2. If such a page slug exists, as would be normally be the case if you first installed BuddyPress, it is recommended that you delete this page so as to free-up the use of the “forums” slug for bbPress.

3. Be sure that you also empty the trash of this “forums” page to free-up the slug.

4. You can then create a new page slug for BuddyPress Group Forums, using a different name. Eg: “Group Forums”.

5. After creating a new page (Eg: “Group Forums”), go into Settings/BuddyPress/Pages and choose this new page to act as the placeholder for BuddyPress Group Forums

6. Finally, go to Settings/Permalinks and click “Save” to ensure that you update your permalink structure

All was going well until I got to Step 6 and when I saved it crashed the wp-admin. I have spent two days attempting to fix the problem to no avail.

I have to turn off User Groups in Buddypress to get bbpress to load. When I turn on the User Groups and set the Group Forums at Settings/BuddyPress/Pages it crashes. Then I have to FTP Delete the bbpress and change the settings back in order to reload bbpress and take another run at it. Something is wrong.

I am using bbpress 2.5.7, BuddyPress 2.2.3.1, with the BuddyBoss Theme and Child Theme and WordPress 4.2.2. All other plugins are deactivated.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar