Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress Background Image

• davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Hello,

I was wondering is there any way to change the background image of only bbpress pages? This is because if I change the background image of my theme through the customizer, then my home page, about page, blog posts page, etc. will all have that background image, which doesn’t look very good.

I am currently running wordpress version: 4.5.3, bbpress version: 2.5.9, and my website is http://www.purposeshare.com/forums, which is using the sydney child theme.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

bump.

davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

plz help

Robkk

@robkk

I say stick with not using a transparent background for these pages and revert the other pages that you set in your theme, it would make it hard to read for your users.

davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Thanks for the reply Robkk! So is there any way to easily only revert the other pages but not the bbpress pages?

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

If you want to take a custom CSS based approach, you could use the body.bbpress selector.

In your case, an extra selector is needed for the main forum page. It’s not ideal to hardcode page IDs in CSS this way and normally that wouldn’t be required – but you seem to be using a custom page instead of a regular forum archive there.

Example:

body.page-id-174,
    body.bbpress {
      background: white url("http://replace.me/with-image.png") repeat top left !important;
    }

If you add the above to your child theme stylesheet it should get you in the right direction. Please also note if you are able to add it after the existing custom background CSS rule, you can drop the !important modifier.

Of course, don’t forget to add a legit URL in there!

Hope that helps 🙂

davidnator
    Participant

@davidnator

Thanks so much Barry! The CSS you provided is so simple and works very well for my website.

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Awesome, happy to hear it 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar